BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

He was on a lot in the interim month and now seems to be one of the presenter/reporters on the merged channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer, xlalonce

During Hardtalk, UK feed showing the flipper alternating between "BBC.com/news" and "HEADLINES". No flipper at all on the world version (via Hotbird and Astra 1).

Visit the Internet Commentator Database  - www.icdb.tv 
[-] The following 2 users Like Ste's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

That issue where the flipper is alternating between HEADLINES and a URL sounds like it has been set with a single headline containing the URL as a placeholder.

If the flipper is enabled then it shows only that but it must be adding HEADLINES automatically or something. May explain the international URL appearing on domestic too...

If flipper is gone for good (and hope it isn't), they really need to update the graphics to hardcode the URL...

I am sure David Willis is a lovely guy and an excellent journalist - but is it me, or does he sound a little overexcited when reading the news? Particularly during the WNA headlines, he sounded quite theatrical - not necessarily amazing when the story is about another mass shooting. I understand he does amateur dramatics (or some sort of acting) in his spare time, so maybe that has a bit to do with it? Not a massive deal in any case - just an observation.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bbcworld24, chrisherald, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Something I noticed today for the first time during the news bulletins on the news channel; the sports news round-up within the news bulletin (as opposed to the stand-alone Sportsday) included footage which credited the broadcaster covering the event and the rights holder, so the Masters golf was accredited as "Pictures from Sky Sports/Augusta National" and the men's tennis was accredited as "Pictures from Amazon Prime Video/ATP".
[-] The following 3 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(10-04-2023, 10:44 PM)Kojak Wrote:  I am sure David Willis is a lovely guy and an excellent journalist - but is it me, or does he sound a little overexcited when reading the news? Particularly during the WNA headlines, he sounded quite theatrical - not necessarily amazing when the story is about another mass shooting. I understand he does amateur dramatics (or some sort of acting) in his spare time, so maybe that has a bit to do with it? Not a massive deal in any case - just an observation.

I quite like it to be fair, noticed what you mean, especially when he introduces himself and WNA. Nice to have a smiling face... Side note, no one will ever replace Katty Kay sitting in that chair I don't think...
[-] The following 3 users Like 2jwd's post:
  • chrisherald, Kojak, UTVLifer

I’m missing the old world news channel and it’s glamorous use of studio C can’t believe it’s now history :-(
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, Ste

Interesting start to Breakfast on the News Channel (UK-feed) this morning. As the countdown hit 00:00 at 6am we caught a glimse of the World-feed for a second before switching to the Breakfast output. The opening Breakfast sting played out, and the programme begun, but with the on-screen graphics running on top of the Salford produced content.

The Breakfast headlines graphics on screen had the World-feed headlines over the top, and even the red BBC News square (which would have been overlaid the World-feed titles. The bottom white bar and BBC News logo lower-thirds with a UK-feed clock then also loaded up on to the screen (on-top of the breakfast clock. World-feed graphics continued on the UK-feed until 06:02 and just before Dr Viviek Trivedi's interview - there was an obvious opt-out/switch up occuring.

Sloppy start to the week already!
[-] The following 6 users Like mokked's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Reith85, UTVLifer

(11-04-2023, 07:06 AM)mokked Wrote:  Interesting start to Breakfast on the News Channel (UK-feed) this morning. As the countdown hit 00:00 at 6am we caught a glimse of the World-feed for a second before switching to the Breakfast output. The opening Breakfast sting played out, and the programme begun, but with the on-screen graphics running on top of the Salford produced content.

The Breakfast headlines graphics on screen had the World-feed headlines over the top, and even the red BBC News square (which would have been overlaid the World-feed titles. The bottom white bar and BBC News logo lower-thirds with a UK-feed clock then also loaded up on to the screen (on-top of the breakfast clock. World-feed graphics continued on the UK-feed until 06:02 and just before Dr Viviek Trivedi's interview - there was an obvious opt-out/switch up occuring.

Sloppy start to the week already!
Normally the junction before Breakfast is played by the E gallery. Did they accidentally put C’s Viz engine on E’s output?

I'm not sure what they did as the UK feed clock on lower third was also on top of everything. Take a look on the news channel iPlayer should still be available