BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(12-04-2023, 08:56 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Fun little quiz about BBC News bloopers:

www.bbc.co.uk 

They missed off 'To the nearest hundred, how many camera bloopers have there been on BBC News output since April 2013?'. 

And for a bonus point 'Which popular BBC News presenter said they were jinxed with camera bloopers?'.

Big Grin
[-] The following 7 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, Former Member 406, Jayesyn, matthieu1221, Roger Darthwell, xlalonce

Really impressed with myself that I scored 5/7, and I didn’t have a clue about any of them apart from the Jan Leeming one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

(12-04-2023, 03:06 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  It’s not the resolution, it’s the physical size. The ticker is tiny on a smart phone.
It's funded by a TV LICENCE, not a 'smart phone licence'.

Choosing your on screen graphics based on an audience who are watching it for free on a mobile is not the best way forward.

You're simply pushing people towards choosing alternative ways of watching things on their TV if the BBC sees them as 'second class'. They can already watch everything else on catch-up/streaming without paying for a TVL.

Why would I continue paying monthly for something on TV designed for a mobile phone?
[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, ChrisE, Frances, Independent, James, Reith85

Playing devil’s advocate here, but *if* the ticker is too small to read on a phone, the worst case scenario is that mobile phone users can’t read it, but TV viewers can.

Removing the ticker means mobile phone users still can’t read it, but now neither can TV viewers. How is that an improvement in the situation?

Clearly this is an excuse for not producing a ticker, and not a genuine reason.

(12-04-2023, 10:09 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 03:06 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  It’s not the resolution, it’s the physical size. The ticker is tiny on a smart phone.
It's funded by a TV LICENCE, not a 'smart phone licence'.

Choosing your on screen graphics based on an audience who are watching it for free on a mobile is not the best way forward. 

You're simply pushing people towards choosing alternative ways of watching things on their TV if the BBC sees them as 'second class'. They can already watch everything else on catch-up/streaming without paying for a TVL.

Why would I continue paying monthly for something on TV designed for a mobile phone?

I was only discussing the ways the ticker doesn’t suit phones, not saying that it should change for them!

I agree that it does need to be designed for TV first and foremost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agentsquash's post:
  • Reith85

Martine Croxall confirmed that the former NC presenters who are not on air are still employed with the BBC
twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, Ittr, Reith85, UTVLifer

https://twitter.com/FlorenceWaedon/status/1646270647423713281?s=20

Not sure if we have seen a photo of studio J yet? You can see the screen with the background of the UK opt if you zoom in. Outside source (with Ros) lives on. Think
I was expecting there to be a desk and a chair.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(12-04-2023, 11:54 PM)Chud Wrote:  https://twitter.com/FlorenceWaedon/status/1646270647423713281?s=20

Not sure if we have seen a photo of studio J yet? You can see the screen with the background of the UK opt if you zoom in. Outside source (with Ros) lives on. Think
Looks like there is a table.
[Image: 715OUjt.png]
You are right though, very bare bones. It might as well still be referred to as a broom cupboard because it's serving the same purpose.

And yes they should have replaced the Outside Source screens with the standard BBC News screens but doesn't seem like they are in use.

Plenty of oddities anyway. Like when they removed the BBC News logo from the Washington table when there was no need to take it off.
[-] The following 7 users Like Renap's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, LDN, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(12-04-2023, 02:14 PM)Moz Wrote:  If anything it has the potential to counter the London-centric criticism if it’s used to highlight the other locations that they now broadcast from.
Seeing how CNN has its daytime producers and gallery staff in Atlanta with anchors in New York and Washington, what stopped the BBC from do something similar when there was still a chance? Maybe there's still a chance?
(12-04-2023, 10:09 PM)Stuart Wrote:  'smart phone licence'.
New BBC UK funding model for this decade.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Independent's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83

(13-04-2023, 02:10 AM)Renap Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 11:54 PM)Chud Wrote:  https://twitter.com/FlorenceWaedon/status/1646270647423713281?s=20

Looks like there is a table.
[Image: 715OUjt.png]
You are right though, very bare bones. It might as well still be referred to as a broom cupboard because it's serving the same purpose.

And yes they should have replaced the Outside Source screens with the standard BBC News screens but doesn't seem like they are in use.

Plenty of oddities anyway. Like when they removed the BBC News logo from the Washington table when there was no need to take it off.
Oh my goodness, no wonder the audio is terrible.
[-] The following 5 users Like whistlerpro's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, thevaran, UTVLifer