BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The weather used to have Madonna mics due to the noisy newsroom.
[-] The following 7 users Like chris's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer, whistlerpro

BBC News opting to call the Irish Taoiseach, the 'Irish President'. 

If they're going to use such a term, surely 'Irish Prime Minister' is more accurate.
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

(13-04-2023, 12:43 PM)Worzel Wrote:  BBC News opting to call the Irish Taoiseach, the 'Irish President'. 

If they're going to use such a term, surely 'Irish Prime Minister' is more accurate.

Are you sure they weren't referring to the actual President of Ireland?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Ireland
[-] The following 5 users Like Will's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, ChrisE, chrisherald, Stuart

Are they? Online, their headline is "Biden to meet Irish president during Dublin visit". And I'm pretty sure they're not referring to the Taoiseach because they say this in the summary:

Quote:He is meeting Irish President Michael D Higgins at his official residence before holding further talks with Taoiseach (Irish PM) Leo Varadkar.

Edit: Beaten to it by Will!
[-] The following 5 users Like thePineapple's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, cando, chrisherald, Happy2001

(13-04-2023, 08:27 AM)whistlerpro Wrote:  
(13-04-2023, 02:10 AM)Renap Wrote:  Looks like there is a table.
[Image: 715OUjt.png]
You are right though, very bare bones. It might as well still be referred to as a broom cupboard because it's serving the same purpose.

And yes they should have replaced the Outside Source screens with the standard BBC News screens but doesn't seem like they are in use.

Plenty of oddities anyway. Like when they removed the BBC News logo from the Washington table when there was no need to take it off.
Oh my goodness, no wonder the audio is terrible.
The audio really isn’t terrible. You can understand what they’re saying, which is all you need. Background noise of a bustling newsroom is a bonus.

Anyway I don’t think the area they’re using looks like that anymore. It has three large 
portrait touch screens and a lighting rig.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(13-04-2023, 01:09 PM)Moz Wrote:  Anyway I don’t think the area they’re using looks like that anymore. It has three large 

That’s further along the balcony. That pic was taken yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BenMBoulos/status/1646475847254114304?s=20

Here’s another view of J
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • chrisherald, Former Member 406, Moz, Stuart

(13-04-2023, 01:15 PM)Chud Wrote:  
(13-04-2023, 01:09 PM)Moz Wrote:  Anyway I don’t think the area they’re using looks like that anymore. It has three large 

That’s further along the balcony. That pic was taken yesterday.

https://twitter.com/BenMBoulos/status/1646475847254114304?s=20

Here’s another view of J

Ah ok my mistake. Sorry.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

When Sportsday handed back to Studio C earlier this afternoon, there was hammering going on in the background as Ben Thompson carried on presenting.
[-] The following 5 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, thevaran, whistlerpro, xlalonce

Sarah Campbell is on again this afternoon - I wonder if she’s one of the ‘correspondent presenters’?

The more I think about this the more I believe that we are still very much in the transition period to the new service. Yes the new structure for the schedule is 90% there but there are further changes to come. New titles are on the way and it appears they are trying new things which implies that the graphics may evolve further over time.
We know all presentation will move from e to c in the not too distant future, so this Raises the question as to why E is still in use.
We know that the top 5 had a month of training for the new service which saw the old guard of the News channel cover in the interim. Martine has speculated on Twitter this week that they are currently working on it in getting back in front of the camera, could they be undertaking the training at present to provide cover and fill the gaps, which would see the use of freelancers reduced?
[-] The following 6 users Like South's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, LTNewslover, Quantum+83, whistlerpro