BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Watching this channel at the moment (UK) and wondering what feed they are taking? There's a harp in the top left corner and an Irish speaking reporter?

Any clues - not seen a chyron.

Edit: Sarah Campbell just referred to a 'Chris' so I'm assuming it's Chris Page.

(13-04-2023, 01:09 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(13-04-2023, 08:27 AM)whistlerpro Wrote:  Oh my goodness, no wonder the audio is terrible.
The audio really isn’t terrible. You can understand what they’re saying, which is all you need. Background noise of a bustling newsroom is a bonus.

Anyway I don’t think the area they’re using looks like that anymore. It has three large 
portrait touch screens and a lighting rig.
When you are looking at the presenter sat down infront of the backdrop you are not expecting a lot of hustle and bustle, if I had that on my zoom calls I would invest in a new microphone.

(13-04-2023, 03:54 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  When Sportsday handed back to Studio C earlier this afternoon, there was hammering going on in the background as Ben Thompson carried on presenting.

Maybe they are putting up sound proofing  Big Grin

(12-04-2023, 11:41 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Martine Croxall confirmed that the former NC presenters who are not on air are still employed with the BBC
twitter.com 

Then The Powers that be need to make up their minds whether they are being used on screen or not-Sooner rather than later preferably.
[-] The following 1 user Likes News76's post:
  • Reith85

(12-04-2023, 03:03 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 01:25 PM)radiorebel Wrote:  So much for the reduced service they aimed to provide. We currently have 3 separate operations running on the presidential visit. BBC News Channel Feed, BBC News at One & BBC NI Special Coverage, all at once.

Simply proved it themselves, this operation does not work.

Surely this proves it is working as intended. If it was not working, what you describe above would not be possibe. The whole idea was that they could operate differently if there was breaking news etc.

Exactly 💯

(13-04-2023, 05:16 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Watching this channel at the moment (UK) and wondering what feed they are taking? There's a harp in the top left corner and an Irish speaking reporter?

Edit: Sarah Campbell just referred to a 'Chris' so I'm assuming it's Chris Page.
Im not watching but Oireachtas TV has a harp enclosed in circles as its DOG. It doesn’t employ any reporters though, Irish speaking or otherwise, it’s just the internal Leinster House feed with captions.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • bkman1990

(13-04-2023, 05:31 PM)News76 Wrote:  
(12-04-2023, 11:41 PM)oscillon Wrote:  Martine Croxall confirmed that the former NC presenters who are not on air are still employed with the BBC
twitter.com 

Then The Powers that be need to make up their minds whether they are being used on screen or not-Sooner rather than later preferably.
The problem is do these presenters want to be stuck to the morning hours that aren't being covered by a "chief presenter" and then confined to the balcony for the rest of the day? At less pay too by the way.

The BBC still hasn't announced the whole lineup of these "presenter reporters", despite the channel now being launched.

It does seem to me that they could do with another core presenter or two, the only issue is if the BBC acknowledges this, will they again end up hiring someone more known to World News than the UK News Channel again?

We’ve now got a ‘new’ horrible graphic taking up the lower thirds on the world feed.

What on earth are they actually playing at?  Undecided [Image: IMG-2090.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Gary McEwan's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN

(13-04-2023, 07:07 PM)Gary McEwan Wrote:  We’ve now got a ‘new’ horrible graphic taking up the lower thirds on the world feed.

What on earth are they actually playing at?  Undecided [Image: IMG-2090.jpg]
Testing new smartphone friendly graphics?  Big Grin

(13-04-2023, 05:16 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Watching this channel at the moment (UK) and wondering what feed they are taking? There's a harp in the top left corner and an Irish speaking reporter?

The logo is from the Oireachtas Broadcasting Unit, basically inside Irish Parliament tv. RTE have been providing all the other pool footage from Ireland during the visit from their hub in Studio 5.
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer