BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(14-04-2023, 08:09 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Tonight's Newswatch will be interesting!
That'd be a first.

More seriously, though, the problem with any complaints to Newswatch is that they come from a particular self-selecting sample of the channel's audience - it's important not to mistake their comments for being representative of wider viewers. Based on conversations I've had with the few 'normals' who regularly watch the channel, ordinary viewers would appear not to have really noticed any difference, even after prompting that there had been changes. Also, if there had been any viewer revolt already, I'm sure the overnights would have been leaked by internal critics - as they were with axing of The Papers.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, UTVLifer

(05-04-2023, 11:04 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Newswatch will have a field day on Friday night - Samira Ahmed will be all over this shambles at 11.30pm!
Yes, it's not Good Friday this week so it definitely will be on tonight.  I wonder if all the issues will be discussed or whether they'll gloss over most of the points. I doubt many of the presentational aspects will be covered but I hope they address the ticker issue, the one line story descriptions & the upcoming changes. Realistically, it'll probably be Mrs Spleen from John O'Groats venting where Martine Croxall and The Papers has gone. And noone from the BBC will be available to comment.
[-] The following 3 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85, TJTSW

Would of thought the News Channel would of stayed with the coverage of Joe Biden rather then cut off? wouldnt it of been easier to of stayed with it, then just cut back in when he finished... maybe they could of Dropped Newsnight instead would of saved that messy cut off/cut in

nothing suprises me these days
[-] The following 4 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(14-04-2023, 10:05 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  Would of thought the News Channel would of stayed with the coverage of Joe Biden rather then cut off? wouldnt it of been easier to of stayed with it, then just cut back in when he finished... maybe they could of Dropped Newsnight instead would of saved that messy cut off/cut in 

nothing suprises me these days

It sounded like World News America was happening and they weren't going to take the speech, so probably makes more sense to split to the Ten & WNA

(14-04-2023, 08:49 PM)News76 Wrote:  And it really does get worse-how on earth do they expect the channel to function without these people.

twitter.com 

And re Newswatch it will propably be the same response we got in the previous episode if that's anything to go by unfortunately.

Not saying it's right but surely that's because there are fewer studios and broadcast times involved now? I'd have thought 20% was quite low considering 2 channels became 1 and overnights are from Washington DC & Singapore now?
[-] The following 6 users Like news junkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Jeff, oscillon, TJTSW

(14-04-2023, 10:08 PM)news junkie Wrote:  
(14-04-2023, 08:49 PM)News76 Wrote:  And it really does get worse-how on earth do they expect the channel to function without these people.

twitter.com 

And re Newswatch it will propably be the same response we got in the previous episode if that's anything to go by unfortunately.

Not saying it's right but surely that's because there are fewer studios and broadcast times involved now? I'd have thought 20% was quite low considering 2 channels became 1 and overnights are from Washington DC & Singapore now?

Indeed, I was surprised it wasn't quite a bit higher! News and World News made up the vast majority of programming at NBH.

(14-04-2023, 10:32 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  
(14-04-2023, 10:08 PM)news junkie Wrote:  Not saying it's right but surely that's because there are fewer studios and broadcast times involved now? I'd have thought 20% was quite low considering 2 channels became 1 and overnights are from Washington DC & Singapore now?
Indeed, I was surprised it wasn't quite a bit higher! News and World News made up the vast majority of programming at NBH.
I don't think they were the majority given the plethora of other programmes and foreign language channels broadcast from NBH. Ultimately, we need to remember that these were people's jobs that have gone, this is not a great economic climate in which to lose your income.
[-] The following 5 users Like Stuart's post:
  • agentsquash, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Kojak

Well that was a waste of time as the issues of the past fortnight weren't even discussed-Most of the episode was spent on the Elon Musk story from earlier in the week.
[-] The following 4 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Juicy Joe, Stuart, TJTSW

(14-04-2023, 08:09 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Tonight's Newswatch will be interesting!

Newswatch didn’t deal with the News channel launch this week but at the end of the programme Samira Ahmed said they were getting viewer responses on it and promised to return to the issue in the coming weeks.
[-] The following 4 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, UTVLifer, whistlerpro

(14-04-2023, 11:45 PM)News76 Wrote:  Well that was a waste of time as the issues of the past fortnight weren't even discussed-Most of the episode was spent on the Elon Musk story from earlier in the week.
I’m sure editorially the interview about the interview was a much more compelling proposition, so the channel coverage gets kicked down the road to when there’s more to say, or less. We’ll see.

You mean Newswatch is getting soo many complaints and nothing good to say about it, they are waiting until they get someone respond saying the News Channel merger is going well, so they can give a balanced responce !?!
which is why they said they will report on this in a few weeks... so from that im guessing they know its going badly.
[-] The following 3 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • bkman1990, Ittr, Reith85