BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(17-04-2023, 08:45 AM)AntandDec_Fan Wrote:  Will they still show the 26/56 weather reports and the countdown at 0959?
Both are cancelled earlier this month.

Slight bug bear early on. It is me or does the in house newsreader position for the bulletins need to be set up to read it off an autocue as they are now on TV and not just radio? Because just seeing them with their face down just just disengaging.

One brilliant early plus, at least for me and my personal set of standards. It is that Nicky is looking into the camera and is aware of the new environment and at least is doing some form of enagagement with the new visual aspect to this set up.
[-] The following 5 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Nige, TVFan, UTVLifer

(16-04-2023, 09:16 PM)simon Wrote:  Modern production tech means there is no reason for TV to get the 5 Live radio production elements like TOH etc, it's a simple submix of the programme minus radio playout. Even for automated content variation triggered by radio playout.

Wouldn't it make most sense to shift the top of the hour sequence a couple of minutes earlier, something I'm sure has been done in either direction in the past?

It’s early - but it doesn’t seem half bad!

I really don't have any problem with visual radio programmes or podcasts.

However, I do have a problem with this programme. Its on BBC 2, News and Parliament so there is no BBC News until 11am.

Such a poor idea, why couldn't they show us the BBC News like they have for the past few weeks?!

They really need to give us access to the global BBC News feed somewhere?

We are paying for a news channel, not this? I'm personally not a happy bunny this morning

Edit: Fortunately I have found a reliable ad-free version of the global BBC News channel this morning and have just caught the bulletin so thats good. We shouldn't have to bypass iPlayer just to watch BBC News
[-] The following 12 users Like mokked's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, Juicy Joe, matthieu1221, Newsroom, oscillon, Quantum+83, Radio_man, SuperSajuuk, woodnorton

No mention of news channel from Nicky Campbell

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Mjb's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

I mean, finding a positive, it's better than GBeebies approach - which is what I worried it'd look and feel like.

Having a distinctly 'radio feel' to it (newsreaders not using autocue etc) feels quite authentic. The 5 Live brand is front and centre which is quite interesting as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Matrix's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(17-04-2023, 09:39 AM)Matrix Wrote:  I mean, finding a positive, it's better than GBeebies approach - which is what I worried it'd look and feel like.

Having a distinctly 'radio feel' to it (newsreaders not using autocue etc) feels quite authentic. The 5 Live brand is front and centre which is quite interesting as well.
They have done lots of Your Question Answered simulcasts so I don’t worry about it.

Bbc news global is running with proper bulletins I just don’t understand how this is saving money why can’t bbc news Uk just simulcast a proper news bulletin rather then a radio show.
[-] The following 9 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, interestednovice, Marcos, matthieu1221, Nige, thevaran, woodnorton

I'd echo a lot of the previous comments, sound out of sync, perhaps why the presenter is hiding behind a mic. Then usual problem of phone ins wherever, sound quality and people on hobby horses. If we want a picture put it full screen.

By all means put this on 2, but carry News channel (world) on the channel.

Better still no simulcast, world on news channel and the test card on BBC2, remind the viewers of the cuts properly.

As I type this breaking news on phone of Russia sentencing. Can't we have something on that, over to Steve R in Moscow perhaps.

20 minutes is the most I can do
[-] The following 3 users Like woodnorton's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice