BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

www.youtube.com 

Why can't that be the backdrop to the UK output service?!!

But if you have a dedicated news presenter in NBH from the balcony, they may as well present the news channel as you start to introduce more resources.
[-] The following 4 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • bkman1990, ilsondan15, Pips2022, whistlerpro

(18-04-2023, 11:58 AM)watchingtv Wrote:  But if you have a dedicated news presenter in NBH from the balcony, they may as well present the news channel as you start to introduce more resources.

Which is something I can see happening. I don't think the merged channel in its current state is likely to last.
[-] The following 8 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, ilsondan15, interestednovice, Ittr, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, whistlerpro

(18-04-2023, 10:56 AM)ALV Wrote:  The Nicky Campbell programme has the same issues with the Victoria Derbyshire programme back in the TVF days... being too inflexible for breaking news... Eventually VD was more keen to drop segments for breaking news mentions towards its late days but still you wouldn't get actual coverage till Newsroom Live at 11AM.

A way to improve the Nicky Campbell programme is to extend the length of news bulletins to about 5-6 minutes... utilize the duty UK opt presenter and present the bulletins from the balcony, adopting the format similar to VD - with 1-2 packages for the top stories, and short recorded weather bulletins before handing off back to Nicky. The VD format offered a better balance IMO. The radio format is wayyy too short, and doesn't suit the news channel much...

I concur. As much as I was critical of Derbyshire intially with its magazine programme format over in the Blue Place. At least it evolved over time. The thing with Campbell's programme with its phone-in format is that it needed to be developed in consultation with those who made Derbyshire's one to see who you can transfer a radio show to TV. Because there is the potential for it to be at its heart a magazine programme but with the 'phone-in' element cleverly disguised.
[-] The following 6 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Kojak, Quantum+83

(18-04-2023, 10:07 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(18-04-2023, 09:59 AM)ALV Wrote:  At around 0954 they interrupted a caller to cross over to Scotland Correspondent Jamie McIvor for more on the breaking news...
[Image: af601d3758d4ada9bb514d3645af80b0.png]

Just over an hour later than Sky. 

It really can't do what it says on the tin as advertised by the BBC big wigs.

They actually (very briefly) covered it at 9:10

[Image: hojCx2A.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like TIGHazard's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, oscillon

The UK feed just opted out to take the Scotland's First Minister address. No introduction from the presenter (Ben Boulos should be the duty opt presenter today), just a breaking sting and straight to address.
[Image: 8bb1ed1123d39177ea4967adbce221a6-png.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ALV's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice

Lewis taking us through that news before throwing to the weather at 35 past and then back to Matthew - a surprisingly clean junction! Just bizarre that when we’re in the broom cupboard of breaking news, we get no TOTHs or weather…
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesG's post:

(18-04-2023, 03:43 PM)JamesG Wrote:  Lewis taking us through that news before throwing to the weather at 35 past and then back to Matthew - a surprisingly clean junction! Just bizarre that when we’re in the broom cupboard of breaking news, we get no TOTHs or weather…

Odd, from what I was watching Lewis very cleanly handed over to the sport at 15:35. The only issue was the sport presenter name checked Matthew and there was a fade through black. If it had been a clean cut instead of the fade and the sport presenter had just said a generic thank you it would have been perfect.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 2 users Like Moz's post:

(18-04-2023, 04:11 PM)Moz Wrote:  
(18-04-2023, 03:43 PM)JamesG Wrote:  Lewis taking us through that news before throwing to the weather at 35 past and then back to Matthew - a surprisingly clean junction! Just bizarre that when we’re in the broom cupboard of breaking news, we get no TOTHs or weather…

Odd, from what I was watching Lewis very cleanly handed over to the sport at 15:35. The only issue was the sport presenter name checked Matthew and there was a fade through black. If it had been a clean cut instead of the fade and the sport presenter had just said a generic thank you it would have been perfect.
Exactly as I said… a surprisingly clean junction!
[-] The following 2 users Like JamesG's post:
  • AIB01WB, interestednovice

(18-04-2023, 04:11 PM)Moz Wrote:  

To be fair I don't think the sports presenter would have been aware that the UK feed had been opted out to the balcony / broom cupboard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Renap's post:
  • interestednovice