BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-04-2023, 05:44 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  They're far from the only broadcaster to do this with important interviews. The massive triple logo-ing from ITV with the partygate photographs spring to mind. It's probably primarily for the online clips to make sure it's on-screen when/if other broadcasters show it.

Also I presume the version used by other broadcasters won’t have the standard BBC News lower thirds, so it makes sense to include another logo to promote it as a BBC exclusive.

Even if they did include the straps at the bottom, they could easily get overlaid by other channels’ lower thirds, or cropped out.

Personally I think it’d look better in the top right or left hand corner, but still, I’ll take that effort over some international channels who plaster large, moving watermarks across the entire screen.
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, Quantum+83

(21-04-2023, 06:42 PM)oscillon Wrote:  I wonder whether this reflects how the recreated Lambie-Narn will eventually look, with BBC News again on the left. (With the position of the globe as above, Chameleon again might not work well although it'd do better than with the current one as the globe is more vertically centered.)
I mean, it certainly looks a lot better than what we've had the last few weeks - though, in my view, falls a bit short of the quality of the original graphics. That said, it would be good to have just one of the two versions of the pulsating globe in use - I've always felt that the title-style globe and the ident/WNT-style globe never sat that well together, always looking a bit like they were from two different looks that merely shared certain elements.

What's odd, though, is that the style of these titlecards and the blip sting are almost exactly the same as those made for the screens in Studio B last spring - they've clearly had key elements of these graphics for at least the best part of the year, wonder why it has taken so long to 'title-ise' them?
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Ittr, Quantum+83

(21-04-2023, 06:42 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 01:58 PM)LTNewslover Wrote:  see the attachment responding to my earlier message.

They also updated the Six logo on the website (schedules and iPlayer), while 1 and 10 still have their old logos.

[Image: p0fj0hp3.jpg]

I wonder whether this reflects how the recreated Lambie-Narn will eventually look, with BBC News again on the left. (With the position of the globe as above, Chameleon again might not work well although it'd do better than with the current one as the globe is more vertically centered.)
This looks better than what they use on screen. Think I prefer it stacked.
[-] The following 8 users Like Chud's post:
  • AIB01WB, alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(21-04-2023, 07:31 PM)Chud Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 06:42 PM)oscillon Wrote:  They also updated the Six logo on the website (schedules and iPlayer), while 1 and 10 still have their old logos.

[Image: p0fj0hp3.jpg]

I wonder whether this reflects how the recreated Lambie-Narn will eventually look, with BBC News again on the left. (With the position of the globe as above, Chameleon again might not work well although it'd do better than with the current one as the globe is more vertically centered.)
This looks better than what they use on screen. Think I prefer it stacked.

100%. These are after all titles not idents. I love the consistency that Chameleon has introduced but not everything has to be forced into the BBC 'split' ident mould.
[-] The following 10 users Like thomalex's post:
  • AIB01WB, chrisherald, interestednovice, Jeff, LDN, Quantum+83, Superman1986, thePineapple, Transmission, UTVLifer

Has Tim Willcox given any mention of when he is leaving BBC News. Is he still working for the BBC at the moment?

Think he left a while ago. Certainly, hasn't been on air in months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ginnyfan's post:
  • interestednovice

The new wipe animations and intro are being used in the TOH of The Context. It's very similar to the ones that Outside Source use
[-] The following 5 users Like QuinnTFP's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon

Ooh new titles for the context that’s what the new wipe is for.
[-] The following 8 users Like harshy's post:
  • agentsquash, AIB01WB, bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

New logo and titles for the Context, that's what the new wipes were made for. Very Outside Source-ish.

[Image: image.png]

Aston now turned to red, again like OS. However, the backdrop in Studio remains London at night.

P.S. Ha-ha, who would have thought they would introduce new graphics for the program on a Friday...

UPD. Also a couple of screen caps - the circles spinning

And there is a name checked title card as well, shown, as usual, after the full titles.
[-] The following 10 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, harshy, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, seenee, Superman1986, UTVLifer

It’s all bit random can’t read the bbc and the news against the swirls, random London background and old looking lower thirds not the greatest, but at least they the frame rate is right, must be another internal job, there’s no cohesion with anything, the bbc reserve their best work for overseas viewers like bbc Nordic and give us half baked revamps.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, Ste, Stuart