BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-04-2023, 08:03 PM)oscillon Wrote:  New logo and titles for the Context, that's what the new wipes were made for. Very Outside Source-ish.

[Image: image.png]

Aston now turned to red, again like OS. However, the backdrop in Studio remains London at night.

P.S. Ha-ha, who would have thought they would introduce new graphics for the program on a Friday...

UPD. Also a couple of screen caps - the circles spinning

And there is a name checked title card as well, shown, as usual, after the full titles.
Sorry but that looks horrendous.

(21-04-2023, 07:57 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Think he left a while ago. Certainly, hasn't been on air in months.
He will have left quietly, I think. It was said that he was leaving in connection with the changes, so he’ll be long gone.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Chud, Jayesyn, Jeff

(21-04-2023, 08:11 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 08:03 PM)oscillon Wrote:  New logo and titles for the Context, that's what the new wipes were made for. Very Outside Source-ish.

Aston now turned to red, again like OS. However, the backdrop in Studio remains London at night.

P.S. Ha-ha, who would have thought they would introduce new graphics for the program on a Friday...

UPD. Also a couple of screen caps - the circles spinning

And there is a name checked title card as well, shown, as usual, after the full titles.
Sorry but that looks horrendous.

(21-04-2023, 07:57 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Think he left a while ago. Certainly, hasn't been on air in months.
He will have left quietly, I think. It was said that he was leaving in connection with the changes, so he’ll be long gone.
What a mess. The wording needs to be on the white.

Of all the title sequences on this merged channel and they refresh The Context? There is no logic whatsoever at New Broadcasting House.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reith85's post:
  • Hadrien

The gridlines of the text and the logo seems to match that of across the Uk so at least there’s some thinking so that’s maybe the intention is to update the branded titles to this sort of layout, but you don’t see the swirls anywhere else on the programme making a very random revamp.

I like it. It's simple and similar to Newsday, which I like a lot. Plus they kept the great music theme.

The negativity here is overwhelming, I have to say. It feels like BBC could come up with another Red/Cream amazing era and it would be lambasted.
[-] The following 8 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • chrisherald, EastCoast, Hadrien, Jeff, LTNewslover, Moz, Quantum+83, seenee

I like how The Context graphics look. Nothing ground-breaking, but looks nice enough for my money.
[-] The following 6 users Like DavidWhitfield's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, Josh, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Also speaking of OS design inheritance - surely that quotation style, with red circular edging, is from OS as well?

General BBC News bulletins now also have similar quotation graphics but the edging is grey there.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I quite like the look overall, though I'm not a fan of the black text (all caps for some reason) that overlaps with the red. That said, it's only on screen for a split second and I prefer the new titles to the old.

It does look a bit like a stock news video you would find on (eg) Shutterstock, although I don't really mind that.

(21-04-2023, 08:33 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I like it. It's simple and similar to Newsday, which I like a lot. Plus they kept the great music theme.

The negativity here is overwhelming, I have to say. It feels like BBC could come up with another Red/Cream amazing era and it would be lambasted.
It’s not too bad but if you don’t mind the pun, I don’t understand the context of why it’s using swirls and you don’t see the identikit used throughout the programmes graphics or studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(21-04-2023, 08:33 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I like it. It's simple and similar to Newsday, which I like a lot. Plus they kept the great music theme.

The music is great, I totally agree. Best theme on BBC News currently IMO. I’ll admit, all I’ve seen so far are the stills posted here. I just think the black text on red looks awful. If they had done it so the text turned white as the red swirl passed underneath it, I think it would look much better.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kojak's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, Frances, Jeff, Quantum+83