BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(22-04-2023, 11:35 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 11:05 PM)Moz Wrote:  Well if you can read them there clearly IS enough contrast.

If you’re reading something you’re not familiar with then fair enough, but it’s obvious to most that it says BBC and NEWS. It doesn’t need to be clear.

Like the blocks which make up the 4 in Channel 4. They didn’t even make up a 4 in many of their idents, but you knew what it was.

Branding doesn’t have to be clear.

They’ve fixed the Newsnight Aston overlap. And more importantly the junction between the Ten and Newsnight on BBC News is quite clean of late.

That explanation would make sense if it didn't look so awful. The chameleon branding is clear elsewhere, so to have it so unclear in this case just looks slapdash (and will be unreadable for some people)

The BBC and ONE are so clear in this one, but nobody complains about that…

I admit it could be a bit better, but they’re getting there with those new Context titles.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

Yeah that’s an artistic thing putting things in front, however I’ll visit spec savers as I do agree there is enough contrast there now relooking at it I was a bit hasty in saying that with the benefit of hindsight and as Moz says it’s encouraging sign at least we have something decent since this merger regarding titles.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Moz

(22-04-2023, 10:10 AM)MFTJA Wrote:  Here's one of the oddities of BBC News International presentation. The Kyrgyz bulletin seems to have moved into a green screen version of Studio B. Is there an old and new BBC logo in the same shot? You bet. 
https://youtu.be/zO8dxn2qn-U
Doesn’t really look like a proper green screen version of the studio. Probably just a video or combination of video and a photograph super imposed on a green screen background.

Perhaps would be carried off a bit better if they had a second shot that looked like the presenter was sitting at the desk after the main story.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

(21-04-2023, 09:30 PM)freeaxe Wrote:  
(21-04-2023, 08:11 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Sorry but that looks horrendous.

Dreadful. The top and bottom lockup of the BBC News logo simply does not work on titles. It's illegible and ugly. 

Surely this isn't the intended application of the Chameleon brand system?

Yes it is.

BBC Lunchtime bulletin had a glitch during the titles leading to a semi-transparent image of the studio being superimposed during them, at least on iPlayer.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald

Seems like Newswatch *MIGHT* get an extra airing on the UK feed later today or tommorow:
twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, oscillon

(21-04-2023, 08:33 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  I like it. It's simple and similar to Newsday, which I like a lot. Plus they kept the great music theme.

The negativity here is overwhelming, I have to say. It feels like BBC could come up with another Red/Cream amazing era and it would be lambasted.

I’m not sure we can compare the beautifully detailed Lambie-Nairn graphics with half a dozen 2D rings spinning.
[-] The following 11 users Like chris's post:
  • bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, Ittr, Jayesyn, Kojak, LDN, Mulder, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News

Will be interesting to see what happens with Breakfast tomorrow. The programme ends at 7.05 on BBC One (earlier due to the Marathon). The news channel schedule has Breakfast showing until 7.00 only.

But last week despite the schedule showing Breakfast would end when it ended on BBC One, it continued on the news channel until 9 as it used to.

Clearly internal confusion over this which I would have thought would have been cleared up for this week. We’ll see tomorrow.
[-] The following 5 users Like Robinho02's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, TJTSW

(22-04-2023, 04:44 PM)ALV Wrote:  Seems like Newswatch *MIGHT* get an extra airing on the UK feed later today or tommorow:
twitter.com 

Seen it on IPlayer where interestingly they played the repeat of Paul Royall's comments from before Easter before the 2nd viewer was interviewed.

(22-04-2023, 08:02 AM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  It seems BBC News has pulled this weeks Newswatch. It’s nowhere to be seen in the schedules. Obviously it talking about the BBC news changes is purely coincidental 😀
Wow, I thought it was bad enough them not covering the issues last week - but then scheduling the programme (it was on the EPG last night) and then replacing it at the last minute & hiding it within Breakfast - shows the BBC are worried and the channel is on the rocks. There could be a simple explanation why it didn't make it to air as billed, but I'm not convinced.