BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(22-04-2023, 06:26 PM)News76 Wrote:  
(22-04-2023, 04:44 PM)ALV Wrote:  Seems like Newswatch *MIGHT* get an extra airing on the UK feed later today or tommorow:
twitter.com 

Seen it on IPlayer where interestingly they played the repeat of Paul Royall's comments from before Easter before the 2nd viewer was interviewed.
They're just wasting time, when they could have used it to address the problems.

(22-04-2023, 01:56 PM)Moz Wrote:  The BBC and ONE are so clear in this one, but nobody complains about that…
It's almost as if your example is well done, and a transitory covering of the logo as part of a well-known technique...
[-] The following 3 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, freeaxe

twitter.com 

So Newswatch is now up on iPlayer with the makers encouraging the News channel to air the episode some point later today. It’s not exactly as if the News channel is pushed for slots so it’s all very bizarre.
[-] The following 3 users Like thomalex's post:
  • bkman1990, MLehon, Quantum+83

(22-04-2023, 07:09 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  
(22-04-2023, 08:02 AM)sparkyb28 Wrote:  It seems BBC News has pulled this weeks Newswatch. It’s nowhere to be seen in the schedules. Obviously it talking about the BBC news changes is purely coincidental 😀
Wow, I thought it was bad enough them not covering the issues last week - but then scheduling the programme (it was on the EPG last night) and then replacing it at the last minute & hiding it within Breakfast - shows the BBC are worried and the channel is on the rocks. There could be a simple explanation why it didn't make it to air as billed, but I'm not convinced.
For want of a better phrase the transmission of Newswatch during Breakfast has always been hidden and never acknowledged on iPlayer so that aspect doesn't add anything to whatever else might have being going on

Absolutely extraordinary that the top story around the world on BBC News right now is Wrexham being promoted to the English fourth tier?! How on earth did they make that judgement?
[-] The following 7 users Like Robinho02's post:
  • bbcworld24, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chaose, Independent, Moz, UTVLifer

Arguably v big story with the owners...
[-] The following 5 users Like GraemeT88's post:
  • bkman1990, cando, DeMarkay, UTVLifer, whistlerpro

(22-04-2023, 10:05 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  Absolutely extraordinary that the top story around the world on BBC News right now is Wrexham being promoted to the English fourth tier?! How on earth did they make that judgement?

From a 'translatlantic' point of view, I think the story has a lot of appeal because of Ryan Reynolds, it's got the 'Ted Lasso' factor I guess. You could imagine US viewers looking to the BBC for coverage of it, as it's a UK story that would appeal to a US audience.
[-] The following 8 users Like whistlerpro's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Frances, Jeff, Moz, Quantum+83, thevaran, UTVLifer

(22-04-2023, 08:21 PM)Gallunach Wrote:  
(22-04-2023, 07:09 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Wow, I thought it was bad enough them not covering the issues last week - but then scheduling the programme (it was on the EPG last night) and then replacing it at the last minute & hiding it within Breakfast - shows the BBC are worried and the channel is on the rocks. There could be a simple explanation why it didn't make it to air as billed, but I'm not convinced.
For want of a better phrase the transmission of Newswatch during Breakfast has always been hidden and never acknowledged on iPlayer so that aspect doesn't add anything to whatever else might have being going on
Hiding it during Breakfast this week wasn't intentional as it is always on at that time every Saturday, but average viewers may not be aware of this and would therefore miss it. I hope they are "encouraged" to show it this weekend as a standalone programme but I doubt it will happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Juicy Joe's post:
  • UTVLifer

(22-04-2023, 10:50 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  
(22-04-2023, 08:21 PM)Gallunach Wrote:  For want of a better phrase the transmission of Newswatch during Breakfast has always been hidden and never acknowledged on iPlayer so that aspect doesn't add anything to whatever else might have being going on
Hiding it during Breakfast this week wasn't intentional as it is always on at that time every Saturday, but average viewers may not be aware of this and would therefore miss it. I hope they are "encouraged" to show it this weekend as a standalone programme but I doubt it will happen.
For the average viewer, in so far as they are aware with it, Newswatch is a strand that appears on Breakfast on Saturday - it will reach a much bigger audience there than it ever would on the News channel. Even then, it was never one of the most popular strands on the channel.

Honestly, way too many conspiracies keep cropping up in this thread. There is no secret plot among executives to destroy the BBC's news channels, there is no sabotage ring among crew members attempting to force a change in direction and they wouldn't deliberately 'hide' criticism of the new channel as that would only create a story that would end up drawing much more attention to any viewer unsatisfaction.
[-] The following 8 users Like DTV's post:
  • cando, chrisherald, Hadrien, Jayesyn, Jeff, London Lite, Quantum+83, thePineapple

So a suggestion about what might have happened

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Gallunach's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83, TJTSW