BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(22-04-2023, 10:05 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  Absolutely extraordinary that the top story around the world on BBC News right now is Wrexham being promoted to the English fourth tier?! How on earth did they make that judgement?

Excuse me! It happens to be the most important story there’s ever been!

Well certainly where I live anyway!

(Wrexham)

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 10 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, cando, chaose, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Happy2001, Jeff, Kojak, Quantum+83, whistlerpro

(22-04-2023, 06:03 PM)Robinho02 Wrote:  Will be interesting to see what happens with Breakfast tomorrow. The programme ends at 7.05 on BBC One (earlier due to the Marathon). The news channel schedule has Breakfast showing until 7.00 only.

But last week despite the schedule showing Breakfast would end when it ended on BBC One, it continued on the news channel until 9 as it used to.

Today Breakfast on the NC also continued until 9 am.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85

An extra big Election desk has been installed in studio B, as seen on the Laura K programme

This will presumably be used on the Six and Ten over the next two weeks until the local elections as rehearsals will be taking place in between (which themselves are a rehearsal for next years general election)
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

The flipper during Sunday with Laura K was alternating between the 5 Live whatsapp number and the link to their Ts&Cs.
[-] The following 5 users Like GMc's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, oscillon

(23-04-2023, 10:10 AM)GMc Wrote:  The flipper during Sunday with Laura K was alternating between the 5 Live whatsapp number and the link to their Ts&Cs.

(23-04-2023, 10:00 AM)Andrew Wrote:  An extra big Election desk has been installed in studio B, as seen on the Laura K programme

This will presumably be used on the Six and Ten over the next two weeks until the local elections as rehearsals will be taking place in between (which themselves are a rehearsal for next years general election)

The desk and the rogue ticker in question:
[Image: image.png]

I wonder how it will affect the 6 and 10, as they sometimes (zooming in on the presenter sitting at the desk with Tower B illustrating the news) use a camera in a position now seemingly occupied by the extended desk.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer

BBC London will probably have to start their 6/10 bulletins either sat at the desk or using Tower A, as the presenter usually stands where the new front bit (presumably hiding the addition election monitors) is
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon

Lukwesa Burak confirming during the 14:00 headlines that any autocue reading ability is not needed for a job on the channel.
[-] The following 6 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ittr, Newsroom, Rolling News

(23-04-2023, 02:08 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Lukwesa Burak confirming during the 14:00 headlines that any autocue reading ability is not needed for a job on the channel.

I don't understand

(23-04-2023, 02:35 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  
(23-04-2023, 02:08 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Lukwesa Burak confirming during the 14:00 headlines that any autocue reading ability is not needed for a job on the channel.

I don't understand

I didn't see the clip but it reads to me this person read the autocue terribly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • chrisherald

Interestingly the UK feed just opted out to Rich Preston in Studio J to cover the emergency alert test, on a Sunday afternoon.
[Image: 8a2742de7180b8770a0f3708c20ac597-png.jpg]
I thought they would just simulcast coverage on the international feed, given it was stated the UK opt out team was only available on weekdays 0900-2300.
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, UTVLifer, watchingtv