BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I was about ask how on earth did the Wrexham parade qualify for a UK News opt-out.
[-] The following 3 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, Quantum+83

(02-05-2023, 06:34 PM)ALV Wrote:  A rare moment in news presentation... The UK feed is currently taking Wales Today to cover the Wrexham AFC Victory Parade:
Rare, but not totally unheard of - some years back, the News channel went through a phase of sometimes taking regional news programmes (either live or later in the evening) during major news events (e.g. floods) and the national bulletins (particularly Reporting Scotland) during major devolved political stories.
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

The Six o'clock News being pre-empted for an open top bus parade through Wrexham was not on my 2023 bingo card.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Kojak, Quantum+83, Scratch_Perry

(02-05-2023, 06:46 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Six o'clock News being pre-empted for an open top bus parade through Wrexham was not on my 2023 bingo card.

Nor mine.  But utterly ridiculous if you ask me!

We await an hour's coverage of Burnley's open top bus parade to celebrate their return to the Premier League... Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Scratch_Perry's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(02-05-2023, 06:45 PM)DTV Wrote:  
(02-05-2023, 06:34 PM)ALV Wrote:  A rare moment in news presentation... The UK feed is currently taking Wales Today to cover the Wrexham AFC Victory Parade:
Rare, but not totally unheard of - some years back, the News channel went through a phase of sometimes taking regional news programmes (either live or later in the evening) during major news events (e.g. floods) and the national bulletins (particularly Reporting Scotland) during major devolved political stories.

Yes, I remember them taking East Midlands Today when Leicester won the Premier League in 2016 (remember more because ITV Central’s coverage was so poor).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • Quantum+83

[Image: 6a60ab6bda0ceacc77aed69f77761c5b.png]

This is great, the regions should be utilised more.

(02-05-2023, 06:50 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  
(02-05-2023, 06:46 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The Six o'clock News being pre-empted for an open top bus parade through Wrexham was not on my 2023 bingo card.

Nor mine.  But utterly ridiculous if you ask me!

We await an hour's coverage of Burnley's open top bus parade to celebrate their return to the Premier League... Smile
Ha ha! I think the Wrexham thing is only getting so much attention because of the celebrity connection.

NickyS getting into the spirit!
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Steve in Pudsey, TVFan

Maybe they should simulcast a region every night, it’d be a way of getting those hours of ‘high quality UK specific content’ up

Pick whichever region has a big story, and then otherwise just pick one at random

I’m sure News Channel viewers would love to see an edition of Look Levy every once in a while
[-] The following 9 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, ilsondan15, Jeff, justinh, Kojak, Quantum+83, TJTSW, Transmission

How come we are seeing Nicky after all these years? What’s his usual job?