BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(03-05-2023, 11:46 AM)ALV Wrote:  
(03-05-2023, 06:45 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Man outside the Palace, controlled explosion???

I mean, how the heck is this kind of presentation acceptable??? What is going on here? This is truly hideous and unacceptable surely even to those who are backing the 'new budget service'. You can't wheel out a producer whomever it is wearing a whatever he or she wants to deliver such important news. It beggars belief unless they are going down the Newsround route. This guy looks like he's popped back in from the nearest bar across the street. I can't compute this shambolic sh@t show that continues to surprise.

There is no way the commons select committee will see THIS as acceptable PSB! Jesus Christ! I could do better with a set up in my apartment. 

As I've said before - it's a televisual abomination. There must be a VAST call to reverse this madness.

This is the "Sweaty and Dirty" look the BBC have been encouraging its presenters to wear on air. Apparently it is said the look will appear more trustworthy and bring more ratings to the channel.

inews.co.uk 

Feeling a bit nostalgic anyone?
[Image: 04e768d3ed25f3e00682a3174e1455b6.png]
[Image: 596ee9296bbf3b0042e423f1a95fba75.png]
 "sweaty and dirty"

As Eric Morecambe said

"There's no answer to that"
[-] The following 2 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom

(03-05-2023, 06:30 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(02-05-2023, 10:39 PM)ALV Wrote:  The UK feed opted out to the Balcony with Nicky after the News at Ten to cover the security incident at Buckingham Palace. Interesting to see a UK opt that late:
[Image: 1edce9f7ca69eaa6890919df9ff1e6b1.png]

No suit and tie required then.
I thought his attire was a nice fresh change for reporting on Wrexham parade. Not the best for the Buckingham Palace story.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald

(03-05-2023, 11:46 AM)ALV Wrote:  
(03-05-2023, 06:45 AM)Newsroom Wrote:  Man outside the Palace, controlled explosion???

I mean, how the heck is this kind of presentation acceptable??? What is going on here? This is truly hideous and unacceptable surely even to those who are backing the 'new budget service'. You can't wheel out a producer whomever it is wearing a whatever he or she wants to deliver such important news. It beggars belief unless they are going down the Newsround route. This guy looks like he's popped back in from the nearest bar across the street. I can't compute this shambolic sh@t show that continues to surprise.

There is no way the commons select committee will see THIS as acceptable PSB! Jesus Christ! I could do better with a set up in my apartment. 

As I've said before - it's a televisual abomination. There must be a VAST call to reverse this madness.

This is the "Sweaty and Dirty" look the BBC have been encouraging its presenters to wear on air. Apparently it is said the look will appear more trustworthy and bring more ratings to the channel.

inews.co.uk 

Feeling a bit nostalgic anyone?
[Image: 04e768d3ed25f3e00682a3174e1455b6.png]
[Image: 596ee9296bbf3b0042e423f1a95fba75.png]

Can anyone with this hear the Propellerheads & Dame Shirley Bassey with this?
[-] The following 4 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell, xlalonce

So bbc news global are showing a press conference of the terrible shooting in Belgrade yet bbc news Uk is simulcasting politics live which is on bbc two anyway, it’s a useless channel the Uk operation.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, eyeTV, Juicy Joe

(03-05-2023, 12:52 PM)harshy Wrote:  So bbc news global are showing a press conference of the terrible shooting in Belgrade yet bbc news Uk is simulcasting politics live which is on bbc two anyway, it’s a useless channel the Uk operation.

I wouldn't quite say that airing prime ministers questions, the most important parliamentary session of the week, on Britain's most popular news channel is useless.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

(03-05-2023, 01:28 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  
(03-05-2023, 12:52 PM)harshy Wrote:  So bbc news global are showing a press conference of the terrible shooting in Belgrade yet bbc news Uk is simulcasting politics live which is on bbc two anyway, it’s a useless channel the Uk operation.

I wouldn't quite say that airing prime ministers questions, the most important parliamentary session of the week, on Britain's most popular news channel is useless.
It’s on bbc two and bbc parliament and possibly radio ?
[-] The following 6 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, Quantum+83, Ste, Stuart

(02-05-2023, 10:18 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
DTV Wrote:Rare, but not totally unheard of - some years back, the News channel went through a phase of sometimes taking regional news programmes (either live or later in the evening) during major news events (e.g. floods) and the national bulletins (particularly Reporting Scotland) during major devolved political stories.
Such as? It would help if you could provide examples.
A few times (that were listed)...
Reporting Scotland, 23rd December 2014 (Glasgow Lorry Crash)
East Midlands Today, 16th May 2016 (Leicester City Victory Parade)
Look North, 16th June 2016 (Jo Cox stabbing)
North West Tonight, 23rd May 2017 (Manchester Bombing)

They've also carried special editions of various regional news programmes and there are more occasions where listings were not updated to reflect schedule changes (as per yesterday).
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, bob, chrisherald

(03-05-2023, 12:26 PM)Chud Wrote:  
(03-05-2023, 06:30 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  No suit and tie required then.
I thought his attire was a nice fresh change for reporting on Wrexham parade. Not the best for the Buckingham Palace story.

Exactly.  I've no issue with less formality, but for certain stories it doesn't look right for the BBC.   With that shirt though they could just CGI a suit and tie on.    Big Grin

BBC News at the moment feels like a strike day service with minimal UK output from unfamiliar faces.
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Quantum+83, SuperSajuuk, TJTSW

In the newsroom shot during the Russia drone story you could catch a glimpse of Studio B in election mode, looks quite good from that little preview. Only the desk correspondent shot was shown.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy

Matthew Amroliwala hasn't worn a tie once since the relaunch a month ago, but he does seem able to look as smart as ever.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Scratch_Perry, SlimyTrain, Telefunken