BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

New minimal Coronation-branded lower-thirds appearing on Breakfast this morning. 
[Image: bbc-coronation-2023-01.jpg]

GIF below:
ibb.co 

I suspect we'll be seeing them elsewhere on the BBC's Coronation coverage.
[-] The following 4 users Like LDN's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Former Member 406, Ma76

At 0900, the UK feed is producing a domestic bulletin to report on the local election and coronation with Maryam Moshiri, complete with their own headline sequence and short titles. The World feed is doing their own separate bulletin with Lukwesa Burak in Studio C.
[Image: 064047b15a8ece6f999fbb73ad31650b.png]
On the UK feed's EPG most bulletins today are billed "Follow live coverage of the local elections, and the upcoming coronation, with BBC News". I'm assuming the domestic service will last until 1730...
[Image: 02a9bce535ee21e21b3b4b78158162e4.png]
Very shocking as I thought the BBC no longer can afford a full gallery team to produce a domestic service. Enjoy this "temporary return" of the BBC News Channel today!
[-] The following 9 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, whistlerpro

(05-05-2023, 09:07 AM)ALV Wrote:  At 0900, the UK feed is producing a domestic bulletin to report on the local election and coronation with Maryam Moshiri, complete with their own headline sequence and short titles. The World feed is doing their own separate bulletin with Lukwesa Burak in Studio C.
[Image: 064047b15a8ece6f999fbb73ad31650b.png]
On the UK feed's EPG most bulletins today are billed "Follow live coverage of the local elections, and the upcoming coronation, with BBC News". I'm assuming the domestic service will last until 1730...
[Image: 02a9bce535ee21e21b3b4b78158162e4.png]
Very shocking as I thought the BBC no longer can afford a full gallery team to produce a domestic service. Enjoy this "temporary return" of the BBC News Channel today!
Not sure why it’s so difficult to understand that paying for a full gallery team to produce a domestic service for a planned event is a lot cheaper than doing this 24/7. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 17 users Like Moz's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, cando, chrisherald, ilsondan15, j.smith, Jayesyn, Jeff, Jon, Ma76, News76, oscillon, Quantum+83, Randomuser123, strollfan, UTVLifer

It's days like this you miss Sean Ley
[-] The following 11 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, ilsondan15, Ma76, matthew, PWD, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

No sound for Lukwesa, very poor.
[-] The following 2 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • bkman1990, ilsondan15

(05-05-2023, 10:30 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  No sound for Lukwesa, very poor.
Ironically, the timings were on point, so it would have been an impressive opt if we could have heard her!

And for those watching on the BBC News live page stream Lewis Vaughan Jones did more election coverage in the half hour up to 11.
[-] The following 1 user Likes NickyS's post:
  • bkman1990

Very busy day for the BBC, election coverage on BBC ONE, News showing coverage from the Palace and the Royal walkabout down the Mall, with the rest of the World opting away at 2.20 BST. I have to sat well done to all those involved, today is really showing that UK coverage is not just reliant on the breaking news and BBC One teams.
[-] The following 9 users Like South's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, London Lite, Ma76, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Nice to see Katty Kay and Christian Fraser reunited on BBC News this afternoon:
[Image: bbc-coronation-2023-02.jpg]

Lots of smiles, laughs, banter and gentle ribbing -- just like old times  Smile

Also: the BREAKING flipper has returned! 
ibb.co 

I don't know if this is its first use since the new combined channel launched (it certainly feels like it is!), but either way, it's an extremely rare sight these days.
[-] The following 11 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, JosiahStuart, Ma76, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer, whistlerpro

(05-05-2023, 01:49 AM)oscillon Wrote:  
(04-05-2023, 07:38 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Although we're in a situation where the BBC is hiring Irish talent to present from Washington having axed or demoted virtually all of their UK News Channel talent.

Looks like they had a hard time urging presenters from London to move to DC...

[Image: image.png]

It was openly advertised. This is a commercial BBC World hire.
None of the dropped presenters have any of the Washington experience she has and none have been the permanent host of a main evening news programme. She has interviewed every US president since Clinton and has many contacts there. Basically she is in a different league.
[-] The following 12 users Like cando's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chinamug, chrisherald, Jeff, London Lite, Ma76, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer, watchingtv