BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(11-05-2023, 08:26 AM)News76 Wrote:  
(11-05-2023, 12:36 AM)Frances Wrote:  I think what was in March was much awful than what we got now, for both UK and world audiences.

Yes there were more familiar faces, but the stories they showed in every hour, especially the 2nd half of the hour, were almost exactly the same pre-recorded VTs, with almost no update - it looked like there was a break down making all things rebroadcast.

The relaunch is not perfect - especially on the newscasts’ agenda choosing between UK and global (or US) news - but the way they report the news is quite improved than it was in the past, in particular, than what we watched in March. They have brought more brief explainers and instant updates from BBC correspondents, letting viewers know the story quickly and properly.

I'd rather go back to March than what we got now-The brief explainers wouldn't mean a thing to the average person watching.
If I remember correctly there’re plenty more brief explainers in pre-March NC too? Before March they did them inside the studio like the catwalk or the seat near the presenter, rather than that ‘hostage area’ in the newsroom.

VT packages are usually seen on the 1, 6 and 10. NC daytime hours’ format is always different from BBC1 bulletins.
[-] The following 2 users Like Frances's post:
  • bkman1990, xlalonce

Well I’m watching the global feed and it’s not too bad the problem is the Uk feed opting out of the core world feed which is fine but the uk is opting out of actual news output perfect for a channel which is Apparahtly meant to show bbc news 24/7 and in the uk at this moment in time isn’t delivering what it’s meant to do as it’s core remit so I think these figures whilst it’s only a month, I reckon it’s a permanent decline.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, xlalonce

Where the hell did “Let’s take a listen…” come from? It’s a completely useless phrase. Just play the bloody clip!

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • chrisherald

(10-05-2023, 06:34 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  James Reynolds! Haven’t seen him for ages!

Isn’t he the main presenter of OS on World Service now? I’ve noticed Kasia Madera has done a few shifts lately on WS too, and Shaun Ley seems to be on Radio 4 once or twice a week. I suspect over time we will see a lot more overlap between television and radio, though hopefully not in the guise of Nicky Campbell’s show…
[-] The following 2 users Like House's post:
  • bkman1990, thePineapple

Shaun Ley's been on Radio 4 quite a bit on the World Tonight since around half a year ago

James Reynolds has been a regular on WS OS for at least two years now I think!
Not tuned in for a while but his regular phrase was always "This is OS on the BBC World Service, thanks so much for joining us" what felt like every 10/15 minutes

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 1 user Likes AndrewP's post:
  • chrisherald

(11-05-2023, 08:17 PM)Moz Wrote:  Where the hell did “Let’s take a listen…” come from? It’s a completely useless phrase. Just play the bloody clip!

It’s little phrases like that which help the viewer connect with the presenter!
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, chaose, Jayesyn, LDN

Rolling News Wrote:
Moz Wrote:Where the hell did “Let’s take a listen…” come from? It’s a completely useless phrase. Just play the bloody clip!

It’s little phrases like that which help the viewer connect with the presenter!

Sorry, they do the opposite with me. Patronising and off putting. “Let’s all listen together shall we children…?”

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • chrisherald, harshy, Stuart

An evolution from "let's take a look at the weather with Tomasz"?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • chrisherald

(11-05-2023, 10:26 PM)Moz Wrote:  
Rolling News Wrote:It’s little phrases like that which help the viewer connect with the presenter!

Sorry, they do the opposite with me. Patronising and off putting. “Let’s all listen together shall we children…?”
Big Grin Yes, thanks Moz. I think phrases like that are used as a buffer. Though I definitely see what you mean. Back to you in the studio, Moz.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AndrewP, Ma76, Moz

Yalda does that quite often I found it off putting and. Patronising too.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Moz