BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(15-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Do we know if this is a permanent move into B for the One? It's come from B before, only to go back into E the next day.

If it is a permanent move into B, surely that's the end of E for the time being, whilst presumably the re-fit of it starts. I can't see E being kept going as an on-air studio just for 5 short weekend BBC 1 bulletins.

Yes the 1 is now in B permanently. 
There was a tweet a few pages back to say E will still be onscreen for a few more weekends and also the occasional overnight.

(15-05-2023, 04:34 PM)South Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 04:22 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Do we know if this is a permanent move into B for the One? It's come from B before, only to go back into E the next day.

If it is a permanent move into B, surely that's the end of E for the time being, whilst presumably the re-fit of it starts. I can't see E being kept going as an on-air studio just for 5 short weekend BBC 1 bulletins.

Yes the 1 is now in B permanently. 
There was a tweet a few pages back to say E will still be onscreen for a few more weekends and also the occasional overnight.
Thanks - but don't all overnights now come from Washington 7 nights a week?

(15-05-2023, 04:03 PM)Worzel Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 01:05 PM)Stuart Wrote:  The 1 is in Studio B today. Finally!  Big Grin

I couldn't quite understand why it remained in E.
It looks all the better for it too!

Plus I'm pretty sure it was Ben Brown's first bulletin from B?

Not the first I don't think. I'm sure he presented the 10 not long before Christmas.
[-] The following 2 users Like TVfan23's post:
  • bkman1990, xlalonce

(15-05-2023, 04:47 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 04:34 PM)South Wrote:  Yes the 1 is now in B permanently. 
Thanks - but don't all overnights now come from Washington 7 nights a week?

I am guessing there may be an occasion that they will not for some reason, all I am quoting is the tweet from a couple of pages back.
[-] The following 2 users Like South's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon

(15-05-2023, 03:49 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  
House Wrote:D being in another fire zone is probably a good reason to keep it active, as a redundancy in case output from C or B needed to relocate. Presumably the London lunchtime crew is the same as either the Breakfast or 6:30 programme, so combining it with the News at One might not result in cost savings?
I wonder if the One and weekends are staying in B long term, or if they’ll return to C or E once the latter is back in use? Is it more expensive to use B than C/E, as if so that might explain why E has continued to be used while still available?
Good point about D being in a separate fire zone, I always seem to forget that, although has it ever actually been used for that purpose?

I initially thought that Studio B would be more expensive to operate than C/E, but the BBC said B required less power. I suspect the One moving so late is down to a mix of who produced it and the usual BBC inconsistency.

Is it back to having it's own production now then rather than being a news channel production considering the news channel now exists in name only and is essentially a World production.

And yes of course running a news channel is more than just the presenter but baffling we now are back to having anchors in to just do a half hour shift. Doesn't even seem like the One presenter is on standby for the breaking news service, though perhaps if something did warrant a news report on BBC1 now depending on the story they may be more inclined to use the network presenter rather than just opt into the news channel.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-05-2023, 07:16 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 03:49 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  Good point about D being in a separate fire zone, I always seem to forget that, although has it ever actually been used for that purpose?

I initially thought that Studio B would be more expensive to operate than C/E, but the BBC said B required less power. I suspect the One moving so late is down to a mix of who produced it and the usual BBC inconsistency.

Is it back to having it's own production now then rather than being a news channel production considering the news channel now exists in name only and is essentially a World production. 

And yes of course running a news channel is more than just the presenter but baffling we now are back to having anchors in to just do a half hour shift.  Doesn't even seem like the One presenter is on standby for the breaking news service, though perhaps if something did warrant a news report on BBC1 now depending on the story they may be more inclined to use the network presenter rather than just opt into the news channel.
It's not a half hour shift, though, is it? The presenters are in the building several hours beforehand to prepare for the One. Much of what they read from the autocue, they write themselves. They will also be liaising continually with reporters to coordinate any live crosses. I do agree that it would be good if they stayed on for a couple more hours and helped provide some form of UK-only rolling news - but I also accept that the capacity for that may not be there at the moment.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Frances, Stuart

I’m guessing that BBC London’s 1 and weekends will move into B with national at some point as what would be the point in only doing it for news at 6 and 10. The breakfast bulletin’s could also move to B if D is needed as a news channel back up.

The only issue with all London bulletins moving to B is that the studio won't be in regular use. I'm sure you'd want a backup studio to be in regular use for this reason only.

This could be achieved by keeping London's Breakfast bulletins in D. I'd imagine sharing D for weekend and London bulletins might be a bit too tight.
[-] The following 3 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, xlalonce

Are the London headline in the 6/10 done live in B as well?

(15-05-2023, 08:18 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Are the London headline in the 6/10 done live in B as well?
No, they come from D, if you mean TOTH headlines.