BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(20-05-2023, 10:20 AM)Michael Wotton Wrote:  
(18-05-2023, 09:04 AM)Moz Wrote:  Really hope if they’re going to use that for Verified Live they make it red.

The colour for BBC News is red and it looks messy and disjointed using different colours. They’ve changed The Context from teal to red so I hope they don’t go off message again with this.
it seems like they have gone for red for verified live

www.bbc.co.uk 

and it does seem to be by the BBC Verify team

Oh this looks brill. Good to see them going in big on tackling disinformation, exactly what they should be proudly doing.

(20-05-2023, 10:23 AM)harshy Wrote:  I am really forwarding to next week with all these branded shows I did miss them world viewers aren’t used to plain Jane bbc news, so this is a welcome return, hoping for nice titles, memorable theme tunes, better use of the studio space, because C is still brilliant.
OK, we now need a "Plain Jane" format with Jane Hill !

Anything that isn't the same old Lambie Nairn globe is welcome.
[-] The following 7 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Superman1986, thePineapple, xlalonce

(18-05-2023, 03:11 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Caught the 1pm news from B for the first time and what a cold, sterile, unwelcoming set that is.  The blocks of white and grey just mean the set has no warmth to it at all, especially in the main desk area.

Has always been my impression of the new B. It’s a stunning studio, but the BBC had the best live newsroom background of anyone currently on TV with studio E. I’d take a real newsroom backdrop over lightboxes or the monolith any day.
[-] The following 3 users Like justinh's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice

(20-05-2023, 01:15 PM)justinh Wrote:  
(18-05-2023, 03:11 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Caught the 1pm news from B for the first time and what a cold, sterile, unwelcoming set that is.  The blocks of white and grey just mean the set has no warmth to it at all, especially in the main desk area.
Has always been my impression of the new B. It’s a stunning studio, but the BBC had the best live newsroom background of anyone currently on TV with studio E. I’d take a real newsroom backdrop over lightboxes or the monolith any day.
I've never actually been a fan of the 'live newsroom' background in the first place. It's no more necessary to me than seeing a live image of an abattoir while I eat a steak.

NBH-B doesn't have lightboxes, they are LED screens. Whether or not the images of the newsroom behind the desk are live is largely irrelevant, as there seems to be just about as much 'activity' these days as in the empty fake gallery behind the desk on ITV News. However, I like that on ITV News they have relevant vidoes showing on the 'screens' sometimes, so I guess it must be reactive in some fashion.

(20-05-2023, 01:25 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 01:15 PM)justinh Wrote:  Has always been my impression of the new B. It’s a stunning studio, but the BBC had the best live newsroom background of anyone currently on TV with studio E. I’d take a real newsroom backdrop over lightboxes or the monolith any day.
I've never actually been a fan of the 'live newsroom' background in the first place. It's no more necessary to me than seeing a live image of an abattoir while I eat a steak.

NBH-B doesn't have lightboxes, they are LED screens. Whether or not the images of the newsroom behind the desk are live is largely irrelevant, as there seems to be just about as much 'activity' these days as in the empty fake gallery behind the desk on ITV News. However, I like that on ITV News they have relevant vidoes showing on the 'screens' sometimes, so I guess it must be reactive in some fashion.

The News at Ten version has relevant images shown on the background screens, noticeable by being a slightly different level of blur to the fixed screens. I think it's also the case with the Election version of the virtual set.
[-] The following 5 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, Stuart

(20-05-2023, 11:26 AM)all new phil Wrote:  
(20-05-2023, 10:20 AM)Michael Wotton Wrote:  it seems like they have gone for red for verified live

www.bbc.co.uk 

and it does seem to be by the BBC Verify team

Oh this looks brill. Good to see them going in big on tackling disinformation, exactly what they should be proudly doing.

Except 'disinformation' accusation is widely used by lots of bad actors to abuse their opponents,  shut down legitimate debate and limit news coverage of unfavourable stories. 

The theory is fine, but reality is the selection of 'misinformation' to target is highly contentious and prone to the bias of activists masquerading as journalists.

Challenging news makers and their statements with facts? Used to be plain old standard journalism - perhaps is the BBC hasn't fired so many experienced staff they'd all be doing this,  instead if cut and pasting of press releases from those they should be challenging, and we wouldn't need a shiny new department.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stockland Hillman's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, JJJJ

I know the Schofield thread is thriving elsewhere but how can the BBC justify opening a GLOBAL news programme with this story?

NOBODY outside of the UK knows who the hell he is?

What next? A long serving Australian presenter packing up her bag and leaving?

Utter nonsense.
[-] The following 12 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Kojak, LargelyALurker, Quantum+83, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, UTVLifer

(20-05-2023, 04:04 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I know the Schofield thread is thriving elsewhere but how can the BBC justify opening a GLOBAL news programme with this story?

Utter nonsense.

Gary Lineker mark 2.
[-] The following 4 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, woodnorton

Newsroom Wrote:I know the Schofield thread is thriving elsewhere but how can the BBC justify opening a GLOBAL news programme with this story?

Utter nonsense.

I agree, even if it's just a UK bulletin it shouldn't be what they are opening with.

Remember, even though The BBC like to block UK viewers access to it with various simulcasts, it isn't any longer just a global news channel anymore and should have a balance between UK and international stories.
[-] The following 7 users Like thomalex's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Independent, interestednovice, Quantum+83, woodnorton

Shouldn’t this be covered by the Uk opt out team and getting NickyS presenting from a tv screen?