BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Without wishing to be dismissive of anybody’s no doubt hard work, it does feel a shame to see such things appear on screen which would not have been out of place in the old TVF mocks forum.

I had hoped the likes of BBC Three’s Catch Up and the old blue look for (The) Context heralded a modern, flat but well designed look for BBC News which would complement the chameleon branding system nicely. Alas not. Shame.

(22-05-2023, 09:37 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Do you know when the 2008 Globe titles will finally end?
When pigs can fly, elephants can tiptoe, and wolves dress up as grandmas on Halloween.

"Please stand by for further details, as we return you now to your regularly scheduled program. Hopefully."
[-] The following 13 users Like Radiounion's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bbcworld24, bkman1990, Former Member 406, harshy, ilsondan15, mouseboy33, News76, Quantum+83, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(23-05-2023, 11:16 AM)Jamesypoo Wrote:  I had hoped the likes of BBC Three’s Catch Up and the old blue look for (The) Context heralded a modern, flat but well designed look for BBC News which would complement the chameleon branding system nicely. Alas not. Shame.
I'm convinced that the at-launch looks for The Catch Up and (The) Context *were* indicative of what was (at that time) intended to eventually come for most/all other BBC News output, but that there has been a change of direction since. As you rightly say, it's a shame.
[-] The following 5 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, LargelyALurker, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Looking forward to them dropping the BBC Verify emphasis, which I'm sure will happen in due course.

Tonight's Six being littered with "BBC Verify has verified..." on the script when all they've done is normal journalistic checks on their sources.

I heard the same story about the Cardiff unrest on Radio 4 news earlier. Their script read "The BBC has obtained footage which appears to show..." Much simpler to understand, and I had no reason to assume it was a lie.
[-] The following 9 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, chrisherald, James, LDN, PatrZDZ, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

The whole BBC Verified is ridiculous!

As I am sure it's been mentioned previously - why would the BBC broadcast anything previously unless it had been Verified.

A crock of nonsense. A gimmick if that!
[-] The following 17 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, Brekkie, chaose, chrisherald, GMc, harshy, Independent, James, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, Studio7, SuperSajuuk, Universal_r, UTVLifer, Will

(23-05-2023, 06:19 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  Looking forward to them dropping the BBC Verify emphasis, which I'm sure will happen in due course.

Tonight's Six being littered with "BBC Verify has verified..." on the script when all they've done is normal journalistic checks on their sources.

I heard the same story about the Cardiff unrest on Radio 4 news earlier. Their script read "The BBC has obtained footage which appears to show..." Much simpler to understand, and I had no reason to assume it was a lie.
It makes sense to use it when they’re specifically addressing misinformation/disinformation (in the same way Channel 4 use FactCheck), but not just standard journalistic checks.
[-] The following 4 users Like LargelyALurker's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, Coast2Coast, James

Hasn’t an insider said somewhere that although when they launched the new Studio B last year there was a plan for a wholesale rebrand by now, there’s since been a decision not to take that forward and so this is all we’re getting for the foreseeable?

How many times has the term "BBC Verify has verified.... " on all of the BBC News bulletins so far?

I cannot believe that this terminology is going to be used very frequently from now on. What a great way to make yourself sound frequently repetitive and annoying with your licence fee payers along with the viewers who live outside the UK.
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • ilsondan15, James, UTVLifer

"BBC Verify" doesn't exactly trip off the tongue, does it?
[-] The following 4 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Bengsy, bkman1990

(23-05-2023, 06:42 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  The whole BBC Verified is ridiculous!

As I am sure it's been mentioned previously - why would the BBC broadcast anything previously unless it had been Verified.

A crock of nonsense. A gimmick if that!
It’s just the BBC going “look how great we are!” as they have always been known to do. I suppose I can’t blame them. They’ve had precious little to boast about these past few years.