BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(30-05-2023, 01:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  As I've said before it's baffling why a live interview is even scheduled across that junction.  Only takes a slight tweak to the running order to avoid that situation and provide a clean opt out point.
I don't know why they don't end the programme at 08:59 and then extend Morning Live to an hour beginning at 09:00.

Whenever I've seen Morning Live they seem to squash quite alot into 45 minutes, so could easily have additional items to take it to an hour.
[-] The following 12 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, LDN, Nige, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Speaking of the Nairobi studio a few pages back, BBC Swahili's Dira Ya Dunia is relaunching on Monday, June 5th from there with a new lead presenter - Roncliffe Odit. He will replace Salim Kikeke, who left the BBC late April this year, and presented his last DYD on April 28th.

Here's the trailer: www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like InternationalDesk's post:
  • bbctvtechop, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

I wonder when WS will be Reithified...
They've managed to do it on the web pages of the languages but everything else is still using Gill Sans - including WS English output

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 3 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(30-05-2023, 05:08 PM)AndrewP Wrote:  I wonder when WS will be Reithified...
They've managed to do it on the web pages of the languages but everything else is still using Gill Sans - including WS English output
WS broadcasts have already used Reith-style graphics and lower thirds for quite some time, but they still want to stick to the Gill Sans logo... as if they are scared that international viewers will not recognise the BBC's own output with the Reithed logos.
[-] The following 3 users Like InternationalDesk's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83

Looks like the Washington operation now has the animated bbc blocks but still the old style end titles minus the boxed logo but why when they have a chameleon version used when it’s coming from London.

twitter.com 

BBC News Africa presenter Waihiga Mwaura posted on his Twitter account that an all-new Focus on Africa live from Nairobi, Kenya is coming soon on BBC News.

Across the UK seems to have got a new sting, far nicer than the old one and features an announcement going into it. Feels much less sudden.

Find me on Twitter: @alfiejmulcahy
[-] The following 7 users Like alfiejmulcahy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Daveuk, Quantum+83, Reith85, thePineapple, watchingtv

I’ve just seen on the world feed that they played a travel show and a weather app promo during the break. When does this happen instead of playing adverts? It would be smoother if they just played the promos on the uk feed instead of the abrupt end on across the UK.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83

(31-05-2023, 02:07 PM)AIB01WB Wrote:  twitter.com 

BBC News Africa presenter Waihiga Mwaura posted on his Twitter account that an all-new Focus on Africa live from Nairobi, Kenya is coming soon on BBC News.

It's a shame that Focus on Africa is losing its own distinctive identity after 12 years and its being given the same bland 'Chamelon, Red and Circles' treatment as the Context and the new branded slots
[-] The following 9 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, Independent, Jayesyn, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83, Superman1986

(31-05-2023, 03:44 PM)alfiejmulcahy Wrote:  Across the UK seems to have got a new sting, far nicer than the old one and features an announcement going into it. Feels much less sudden.

https://twitter.com/FlorenceWaedon/status/1663877382673952768?s=20
[-] The following 5 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Daveuk, oscillon