BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(01-06-2023, 05:56 AM)LDN Wrote:  [Image: bbc-focus-on-africa-icon.png]
That looks more like a bird (or a baby chicken) than anything else.
[-] The following 13 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Former Member 406, Jayesyn, Jeff, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, Spencer, Studio7, UTVLifer

(01-06-2023, 04:04 PM)Worzel Wrote:  That still looks more like a bird (or a baby chicken) than anything else.
Ha! BBC meets KFC! Maybe a sponsorship opportunity there...

Can't say I'm a fan of any of these rebrands, tbh. People on this forum have done better work. Everything all looks pretty amateur. Presentationally, BBC News really is in a sorry state right now. It gives the appearance of a rudderless ship where everything is falling apart. It's gotten to a point where I'm actively dreading the day the main titles are changed!
[-] The following 8 users Like Studio7's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Independent, Nige, oscillon, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

(01-06-2023, 05:56 AM)LDN Wrote:  [Image: bbc-focus-on-africa-icon.png]

If this is a way of going forward for continents and areas. I wonder how other areas would be covered?

(01-06-2023, 05:56 AM)LDN Wrote:  I've extrapolated to full-size below: 
[Image: bbc-focus-on-africa-icon.png]
it takes considerable liberties with the actual geography to fit the graphical style.
Indeed it does.

Most particularly, it places the island of Madagascar much too far north (as if it were roughly level with Ethopia).

The icon most reminds of a bird in profile (with the smallest piece on the right being its beak), like some sort of Twitter rip-off.
[-] The following 4 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(01-06-2023, 08:46 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  Indeed it does.

Most particularly, it places the island of Madagascar much too far north (as if it were roughly level with Ethopia).

The icon most reminds of a bird in profile (with the smallest piece on the right being its beak), like some sort of Twitter rip-off.

That’s clearly the Horn of Africa - not Madagascar!

en.m.wikipedia.org 

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 6 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83, strollfan, Stuart

twitter.com 

Honestly, the news coverage has been very good promo for the event. 10/10, no notes.
[-] The following 4 users Like SlimyTrain's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(01-06-2023, 10:33 PM)SlimyTrain Wrote:  Honestly, the news coverage has been very good promo for the event. 10/10, no notes.
I'm sure this will mean yet another day of the BBC News channel treating this as a major international news story, presumably much to the bemusement of anybody overseas.
[-] The following 12 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Frances, oscillon, Pips2022, Quantum+83, Studio7, SuperSajuuk, TVFan

(01-06-2023, 10:33 PM)SlimyTrain Wrote:  twitter.com 

Honestly, the news coverage has been very good promo for the event. 10/10, no notes.

And here's the interview: www.bbc.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like SlimyTrain's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

(02-06-2023, 06:29 AM)SlimyTrain Wrote:  And here's the interview: www.bbc.com 
When I looked for it on iPlayer, I just got a repeating loop of the BBC News Sting, which is actually rather nice.

I could watch it for hours . . . but that's because I'm a pres geek. Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Roger Darthwell

I've got to say that the name "Verified Live" is the silliest name for a programme I've ever heard.
[-] The following 12 users Like Humphrey Hacker's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, freeaxe, Independent, itsrobert, LDN, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Studio7, thevaran