BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Yeah it’s not fit for purpose that is the consequence of freezing licence fees, now it’s not half a channel in the UK.
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Newsroom, Quantum+83, xlalonce

Yalda said earlier "Welcome to News Now on BBC News..." which I didn't realise that was its name...
[-] The following 7 users Like harryb's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(12-06-2023, 03:56 PM)harryb Wrote:  Yalda said earlier "Welcome to News Now on BBC News..." which I didn't realise that was its name...

That’s the problem with all these new programmes, other then the titles there’s nothing different about the output, nothing different about the studio, not even a mention of the programme name in the lower straps, they shouldn’t have bothered.
[-] The following 6 users Like harshy's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Independent, Jeff, LDN

(12-06-2023, 04:10 PM)harshy Wrote:  That’s the problem with all these new programmes, other then the titles there’s nothing different about the output, nothing different about the studio, not even a mention of the programme name in the lower straps, they shouldn’t have bothered.
The One presented from someone lying on a chaise longue in the piazza outside MediaCityUK in Salford may look different.  Confused
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, ilsondan15, Newsroom

What a mess instead of focus on Africa the world feed crashed into the tail end of Yaldas interview from Ukraine.

(12-06-2023, 05:31 PM)harshy Wrote:  What a mess instead of focus on Africa the world feed crashed into the tail end of Yaldas interview from Ukraine.

I wonder why there is no Focus on Africa today?

(12-06-2023, 05:44 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  I wonder why there is no Focus on Africa today?

No coins for the generator?
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN

So there is no Sportsday due to Manchester City winning the treble. Surely this could have been covered better by the Salford based sports team that some scruffy guy in a makeshift studio in London.
[-] The following 4 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(12-06-2023, 06:03 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  No coins for the generator?
Hmm. What do you mean by this comment?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe's post:
  • Superman1986

(12-06-2023, 06:44 PM)Joe Wrote:  Hmm. What do you mean by this comment?

I hope Newsroom doesn't mind me answering on his behalf, but I would think he means that the BBC is so poor they now can't afford to power up the studio  Big Grin
[-] The following 8 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer