BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(15-06-2023, 09:17 AM)LDN Wrote:  Some audio issues during the 0900 BBC News opening from Westminster -- resulting in a fluffy boom mic being thrust prominently into vision, twice; and a crew member making a brief cameo, before disappearing behind the lower-thirds. 😄

ibb.co 

Nancy Kacungira handled these distractions pretty well!

She doesn't seem to understand that there's no such place as Westminister though! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 6 users Like Moz's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Newsroom, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(15-06-2023, 01:40 PM)Stuart Wrote:  The City of Westminster is a borough council within Greater London. It defintitely exists as it collects Council Tax from the residents.
www.westminster.gov.uk 

I think Moz was referring to a minor bloop where she pronounced WestMINISTER as opposed to WestMINSTER ;-)
[-] The following 3 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Moz

(15-06-2023, 01:40 PM)Stuart Wrote:  The City of Westminster is a borough council within Greater London. It defintitely exists as it collects Council Tax from the residents.
www.westminster.gov.uk 

Here's the clip!

twitter.com 

Samantha Simmonds has been a regular face on Sky News, all over its schedule, for more than a decade. Last few years she has been all over BBC World, News channel and London news. I'm not sure how exactly she qualifies as an ''unknown presenter''. Huh

I know she's not Saint Martine but let's keep some sense of realism here.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bai4943, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, LondonViewer, SlimyTrain

(15-06-2023, 01:42 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I think Moz was referring to a minor bloop where she pronounced WestMINISTER as opposed to WestMINSTER ;-)

She did it at least twice.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, Newsroom, oscillon

(14-06-2023, 11:28 PM)DTV Wrote:  I was just saying that I can't see how it is justified to be given the Grade A* story treatment on the BBC News website when it, a current affairs investigation, is very much not of the calibre of the lstories that have previously been given such a priority - which has largely been limited to major UK political stories, UK/US elections, Covid regulations, terrorist attacks and the early days of the War in Ukraine.
For what it's worth, I think the current placement of the North Korea report on the News frontpage - i.e., in a 'special report' box, clear, but not oversized - is more appropriate than what was there yesterday - i.e., the full-width, major news treatment currently accorded to the Johnson story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-06-2023, 11:00 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Most of these "breaking news" presenters wouldn't have got a look in pre-merger.   Even as someone who rarely watches Sky News nowadays even their faces outside their big names are more familar than the people BBC News are using.

Though, in both of those cases, you would have seen them on the overnight slot - which isn't always bereft of breaking news.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • chrisherald

(15-06-2023, 01:44 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Samantha Simmonds has been a regular face on Sky News, all over its schedule, for more than a decade. Last few years she has been all over BBC World, News channel and London news. I'm not sure how exactly she qualifies as an ''unknown presenter''. Huh

I know she's not Saint Martine but let's keep some sense of realism here.

I don’t think it’s a case that she’s unknown. Samantha has been a presenter on various different platforms for around 20 years. In fact, no one we see on screen now is a ‘newcomer’ (apart from some of the producers who pop up randomly for about 15 minutes). And most of them are pretty good at what they do.

It’s just they seem to have been thrust into the limelight to replace the main faces we saw before the merger, with no explanation given.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(15-06-2023, 01:42 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I think Moz was referring to a minor bloop where she pronounced WestMINISTER as opposed to WestMINSTER ;-)
When I realised (within moments) that Moz was referring to the mispronunciation, I deleted my comment. By then you'd already replied to me!  Confused

Is it 'fastest finger first' day on here? Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Newsroom, Quantum+83, xlalonce

The UK version of BBC News is taking the Nottingham vigil rather than the 6.