BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(20-06-2023, 03:39 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  One year old and a load of us are putting B out to pasture already. It's a studio that won't age well. We've not exactly seen how diverse it can be either. Since it went on air and having witnessed a 'dress rehearsal' with the local elections and Kuenssberg on Sunday, I'm bored of it already if I'm being honest. Kind of hope someone at the BBC realises what a fantastic space they have with E and get to work on a few enhancements.

Is it a year already?

TBH it just probably needs a few tweaks to address the weaker elements - noteably the desk area which has always been the weakest part of the set but is on screen the most.   It probably wouldn't even need anything too drastic - just a better backdrop image and less grey and white space in that area would make a huge amount of difference - and then using that corner pillar as a vertical screen rather than just a small 16:9 screen in the middle.
[-] The following 12 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, BBI45, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Well whatever's going with B must still be ongoing as the One was also in E today.
[-] The following 2 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83

That did surprise me. I'd assumed when doing a DTL it would be a portrait image but they never seem to do that.
[-] The following 5 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83

The problem is that E is so good, not that B is bad. Nothing will beat that live newsroom backdrop no matter how hard they try, so I don’t know why they don’t just stop pretending and go a different creative direction altogether tbh.
[-] The following 2 users Like agentsquash's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83

E for the 6 and 10 tonight.
Technical issues in B continue

I do think B looks better during Kuenessberg when the LED screens have a different background on them. For me, the newsroom backdrop is the main weak link for B when it's being used for the nationals
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • chrisherald, thePineapple

(20-06-2023, 04:38 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  The problem is that E is so good, not that B is bad. Nothing will beat that live newsroom backdrop no matter how hard they try, so I don’t know why they don’t just stop pretending and go a different creative direction altogether tbh.

Unless that is meant to show the direction of how Studio E is meant to be going. A la 2008-2013 TC7 & N6 predicting with reasonably close accuracy the style of what it would look like for Studio E come 2013. So maybe the layout of how things are in the desk side of Studio B is pointing to the direction of travel that is intended to occur.

Just watching the livestream the BBC are doing on the missing Titanic submersible...are these breakaway online broadcasts a new feature totally separate from the channel feed itself?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alessi's post:
  • chrisherald

deadline.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Krede's post:
  • Former Member 406, Kojak, News76, Rolling News

I wonder what's wrong with Studio B. Must be reasonably severe for it not to have been fixed in over 24 hours.