BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

World News America went out with the now old transparent graphics, so it looks like any non simulcast programmes are on the World feed the old transparent graphics, but the UK feed are stuck with it regardless, its now added yet another inconsistancy.
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Ma76, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(26-06-2023, 10:18 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Exactly what context is being added to Elton John playing Glastonbury  Big Grin

And why do we need the opinions of 3 people on the story

No doubt they probably spent about 20 minutes on this item as well
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Lovely to have the transparent black strap back. Just makes it even more clear how terrible the all red look is. It's nice to see more of the picture thanks to the black transparent strap, that was the whole point of it.

Hopefully the powers to be rethink this, yet another, bad decision and switch back to black for good. If CNN can do it, so can the Beeb.
[-] The following 6 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(26-06-2023, 09:57 PM)LDN Wrote:  Horrid:
[Image: bbc-news-all-red-the-context-bug.png]

And somehow it looks even worse on the full-height all-red supers: 
[Image: bbc-news-all-red-the-context.png]

Also: "Elton John headlines Glastonbury" -- the perfect opportunity for BBC News to once again waste precious time, which could be spent on reporting the actual f**king news, instead talking to three people you've never heard of, and getting their worthless opinions on this day-old non-story.

FFS. 🤬
This was news...24 hours ago! I can't believe they're still running that story and talking about it. Its a day old now. Please don't say it was still on the top of hour headlines at 9pm because it certainly was at 3/4pm.

Did the Nicola Bulley story make it onto the channel today? I didn't see it mentioned when I was watching earlier.

As for The Context slug, I said that would happen earlier. There's also inconsistencies as some shows have them and others don't!

Just switched the channel on and its back to the semi-black transparent strap?!
[-] The following 2 users Like Worzel's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(26-06-2023, 10:12 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  It’s like the BBC have taken on a load of interns who have been given freedom to do whatever the hell they like with the stuff that was created by actual professionals before they were made redundant.

What an awful state of affairs.

A friend in 'the know' said to me that relatively new junior staff are training other new staff. That was gallery staff so not sure what the situation is elsewhere in the department.

I suppose that's what happens when you shed staff with decades of experience in one go.

It's all very sad.
[-] The following 14 users Like Worzel's post:
  • Aaron, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, Brekkie, chrisherald, ginnyfan, London Lite, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Somehow, Singapore managed to make the graphics more watchable IMO Smile

Kinda the advantages of not having the mother-ship template...

[Image: mhpMtvH.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, JosiahStuart, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83, Stuart

Back for the Washington bulletins I just don’t understand what’s going on with these straps.

Why can't they just do this. The BBC News logo can still bounce up and down and add the word BREAKING when needed - Could even keep it in fluorescent red if they wanted!  This would be so much easier on the eye

[Image: File1.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chris, chrisherald, Ma76, oscillon, Quantum+83, tvwatcher, xlalonce

(26-06-2023, 09:57 PM)LDN Wrote:  And somehow it looks even worse on the full-height all-red supers: 
[Image: bbc-news-all-red-the-context.png]

Not having the secondary descriptive line of text in the main strap makes it look like Elton John was some how responsible for the US worker being killed.
[-] The following 10 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Ma76, matthieu1221, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, rpalstra, Stuart

Remember when the joint channel launched, and people on the India feed were complaining about that bright red BBC NEWS pasted onto the bottom of the screen? Little did we know they were actually getting a preview of the new graphics....

Also, this really puts a mockery to the reasoning being about legibility on small screens:

(26-06-2023, 02:20 PM)DavidWhitfield Wrote:  [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like FactorFiles's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, oscillon, Universal_r