BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(02-07-2023, 10:51 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  It's that it is a solid strap constantly on screen too - even if it had a subtle animation (as little as some pulsating red rings) within it then it would probably look much better.

The ironic thing is I dread to think how many meetings they probably had about this before deciding to go ahead.  The idea of a red strap really should have been thrown out at it's first suggestion.

I do wonder what is occurring in BBC news management. Why did no one say that's a bad idea, a culture of fear? inexperience? or they just don't care. Maybe they are on a different planet to everyone else and they think it's great. Is there a possible technical issue or regulating requirement that requires this?
[-] The following 11 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, harshy, News76, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, SuperSajuuk, thomalex, UTVLifer, what

Old stinger made an appearance on the UK feed tonight after a short news bulletin

[Image: BBC-NC-Old-Sting-july3.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(02-07-2023, 04:42 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  I do wonder what is occurring in BBC news management. Why did no one say that's a bad idea, a culture of fear? inexperience? or they just don't care. Maybe they are on a different planet to everyone else and they think it's great. Is there a possible technical issue or regulating requirement that requires this?
"I think this change is a positive in many ways.
Yes, it has caused some upset with our viewers who seem to think the channel has gone down the pan, however I'm a firm believer that these problems are simply solutions just waiting to happen.

What I think is really exciting is the encouraging response we've had from our viewers, which has meant that we can be confident in taking decisive action about the ticker, and take that straight off the list of possible solutions we have to worry about.

So that's all good, then. And so we move on."

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 11 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • AIB01WB, alfiejmulcahy, ALV, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Quantum+83, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, SuperSajuuk

Those red and white wipes during the headlines... Is it my imagination, or are there multiple variations circulating in different studios, nations and regions, all animating at different speeds?
[-] The following 9 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, ilsondan15, oscillon, Quantum+83, Spencer, UTVLifer

Different speed and different frame rates even, well it is in Leeds.
[-] The following 3 users Like harshy's post:
  • chrisherald, ilsondan15, Quantum+83

Am I the only one who thinks BBC Verified is ridiculous with the hits in the newsroom and balcony? It seems like they ordered a bunch of touch screen monitors and weren’t sure what to do with them on air. The upstairs verification could be eliminated entirely. We know the BBC did their homework and the regular anchor could do the extra explanation either as a VO or standing at the catwalk. Is this just a ruse to get in younger viewers?

No offense to those who work there.

Verified Live is ridiculous in its mission and purpose. Surely all BBC News output is verified and checked.

(04-07-2023, 12:16 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Verified Live is ridiculous in its mission and purpose. Surely all BBC News output is verified and checked.

This is exactly what I've thought since they announced the opening of the department. 

Hardly anything makes it to air on the BBC unless it's been checked, double checked and confirmed and on the odd occasion something does slip through the net - The BBC will own it immediately. 

It's a gimmick at best. If everything is 'Verified Live; then why does it only stamp three hours of programming with the logo? Bonkers.
[-] The following 11 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Bungo Bill, chris, chrisherald, ilsondan15, James, mouseboy33, Nige, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Stuart

(04-07-2023, 03:29 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This is exactly what I've thought since they announced the opening of the department. 

Hardly anything makes it to air on the BBC unless it's been checked, double checked and confirmed and on the odd occasion something does slip through the net - The BBC will own it immediately. 

It's a gimmick at best. If everything is 'Verified Live; then why does it only stamp three hours of programming with the logo? Bonkers.

You know that, and I know that - but the BBC and all MSM are under attack by those who don’t believe it.

So BBC Verify is their way to explain that they’re wrong, and underline their procedures. Well it should be…

But… they seem to have gone about it all wrong. They’re just slapping the logo on seemingly random things, and having a three hour programme called Verified Live, which is mostly just the normal news, is just madness.

Instead… it should be a regular slot, outside of prime time, which goes under the bonnet of BBC News and explains how they go about checking, where they get the information from and examples of fake news that didn’t make it to air.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 15 users Like Moz's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, all new phil, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, DTV, Frances, ilsondan15, James, LargelyALurker, oscillon, SlimyTrain, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, Worzel

The UK Opt (after covering Rishi after being questioned by the Committee for a good hour & a half and finished with an interview with Damien Grammaticas) have just seamlessly handed the coverage back to the World feed at 3.50pm. Their 1st story was a piece covering Rishi Sunak being questioned by the Committee and started with an interview with Damien Grammaticas.
[-] The following 4 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, thePineapple, xlalonce