BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Couldn't they have carried on up to the weather forecast?
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • Brekkie

More high quality work this afternoon:

i.postimg.cc 

Was on screen for at least a minute.

(04-07-2023, 04:54 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  More high quality work this afternoon:

i.postimg.cc 

Was on screen for at least a minute.

At first I thought that was major breaking news so they had the excuse they had to rush it out on air, until I remembered the amazing new colour scheme they've recently introduced.
[-] The following 7 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, James, leewilliams, London Lite, oscillon

(04-07-2023, 03:57 PM)Moz Wrote:  Instead… it should be a regular slot, outside of prime time, which goes under the bonnet of BBC News and explains how they go about checking, where they get the information from and examples of fake news that didn’t make it to air.

Exactly and well said!
[-] The following 6 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(04-07-2023, 03:57 PM)Moz Wrote:  Instead… it should be a regular slot, outside of prime time, which goes under the bonnet of BBC News and explains how they go about checking, where they get the information from and examples of fake news that didn’t make it to air.

(04-07-2023, 06:02 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Exactly and well said!

Agreed. It would be interesting to have a daily BBC Verify programme (maybe one hour long) where they go into the main stories of the day, explaining how they know what they know and the analysis that has been carried out. It could potentially have a place on BBC Two.

It would be an interesting watch, help build trust, and be a great resource for journalism students or those who want to get into journalism. It'd also be a pretty unique programme that would fit the BBC's remit perfectly.

Segments from the programme could be used through the day in regular programming or in the national bulletins if they were particularly interesting.

Has the widget on the BBC News android app gone for anyone else after the last update? Very frustrating as I made frequent use of it
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • BBCME, chrisherald

(05-07-2023, 02:17 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Has the widget on the BBC News android app gone for anyone else after the last update? Very frustrating as I made frequent use of it

Are you talking about the new app for the UK licence fee payers?

(05-07-2023, 02:17 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Has the widget on the BBC News android app gone for anyone else after the last update? Very frustrating as I made frequent use of it

It seems so, I thought I'd accidentally got rid of it somehow but when I went into the widget menu to put it back, it's not there. Very odd.

Anyone who watches Breakfast on the NC know if ditching the BSL at around 8:15 is a normal occurrence?

(05-07-2023, 08:22 AM)what Wrote:  Anyone who watches Breakfast on the NC know if ditching the BSL at around 8:15 is a normal occurrence?

The signed times are 06:45 to 07:30 and 07:45 to 08:15.
[-] The following 6 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Happy2001, London Lite, oscillon, Quantum+83