BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

When the UK feed left Nicky Campbell for Biden's arrival in Downing Street, was it a UK opt-out or did they rejoin the world feed

(10-07-2023, 10:48 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  When the UK feed left Nicky Campbell for Biden's arrival in Downing Street, was it a UK opt-out or did they rejoin the world feed

They rejoined the World feed at 10:25, although not very cleanly - right in the middle of the correspondent still speaking about the presenter story (which appears to have given precedence to the Biden visit on the World-only feed).
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

The first time I've watched Nicky Campbell (it's actually quite good!) and did so on BBC Two, but then he announced that to keep watching I'd need to change to the news channel..... then not long later it ended on there too.  Undecided

Sticking to presentation only it was notable that tonight's 6 for 'that news item' Fiona had two reporters/correspondents on the right. Think this is the first time I've seen more than one person join the newsreader during a national bulletin.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 11 users Like Keith's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rexogamer, UTVLifer

(10-07-2023, 06:13 PM)Keith Wrote:  Sticking to presentation only it was notable that tonight's 6 for 'that news item' Fiona had two reporters/correspondents on the right. Think this is the first time I've seen more than one person join the newsreader during a national bulletin.

A notable sigh from her as she moved on from the story. The legal correspondent is good, not seen him before but he had plenty of time to explain things without rushing.
[-] The following 14 users Like robrymond's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, bob, Brekkie, chrisherald, JMT1985, LDN, oscillon, PWD, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rexogamer, UTVLifer

(10-07-2023, 06:13 PM)Keith Wrote:  Sticking to presentation only it was notable that tonight's 6 for 'that news item' Fiona had two reporters/correspondents on the right. Think this is the first time I've seen more than one person join the newsreader during a national bulletin.

It was the same over the weekend, the legal affairs correspondent and entertainment editor

Last month Chris and Faisal joined the Ten to report the interest rates.
[-] The following 9 users Like Frances's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rexogamer

Two reporters were with Clive on yesterday's evening bulletin in E.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bilky asko, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83

Always think for many news stories having the correspondent in the studio is much more effective than a down the line of them standing outside an empty building at night when often the developments in the story have happened elsewhere.
[-] The following 16 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chris, chrisherald, DeMarkay, Frances, Ian, Jayesyn, Jeff, Omnipresent, oscillon, PWD, Quantum+83, Rexogamer, thePineapple, UTVLifer

They currently have legal correspondent Dominic Cashiani in the studio with Nancy. Think this is the first time I’ve seen a correspondent at the studio desk since the relaunch.

[-] The following 11 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Daveuk, Jayesyn, Juicy Joe, Plutobug, Quantum+83, Rexogamer, UTVLifer