BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The BBC News Channel has definitely improved their presentation over the past few days with these new camera angles, roving cameras & correspondents in the studio.
[-] The following 6 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

There was a surprising wide zoom of the studio, not seen since World days. Nothing can help with this sickening situation unfolding though.... Sad

[Image: vlcsnap-00025.jpg]
[-] The following 9 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart, UTVLifer

(11-07-2023, 04:53 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  There was a surprising wide zoom of the studio, not seen since World days. Nothing can help with this sickening situation unfolding though.... Sad

[Image: vlcsnap-00025.jpg]

They even were zooming in with the camera moving simultaneously across the studio, giving a really dynamic feel.

[Image: BBC-studio-C-dynamic.gif]

Shame it’s taken something like this to make the News channel come alive again.

Studios all need redoing they are now way off sync compared to studio b.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • UTVLifer

I don't think they've ever done such a wide shot on the Context

[Image: BBC-Context-wide-HD.png]

So it must be the first time in several years that we're seeing the most of the London panorama shot.

Would like to see whether that skyline as a backdrop in Studio B would be an improvement.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, oscillon, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(11-07-2023, 05:56 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Shame it’s taken something like this to make the News channel come alive again.

It’s a surprisingly effective opportunity to show the bosses what a properly ran news channel should look like.

I am surprised that the trailer for Newsnight inserted into the BBC NEWS at 10 intro is often a pre-recorded general teaser by the presenter due to appear later. Consequently, there is a continuity fail as they are wearing different clothes from the ones they wear on the programme.
If Newsnight can produce a content specific teaser on some nights, why not every night?
[-] The following 5 users Like Newshound's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(11-07-2023, 10:14 PM)Newshound Wrote:  I am surprised that the trailer for Newsnight inserted into the BBC NEWS at 10 intro is often a pre-recorded general teaser by the presenter due to appear later. Consequently, there is a continuity fail as they are wearing different clothes from the ones they wear on the programme.
If Newsnight can produce a content specific teaser on some nights, why not every night?

From what I have seen, they show the generic pre-recorded one when the Newsnight headlines would be the same as 10pm news
[-] The following 4 users Like Mjb's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83