BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(20-07-2023, 09:16 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but do we know who is helming the by-election overnight special coverage? Assuming in different times it would have been Huw?

Also, the fuss on here about the people in the background of a shot is laughable given the BBC's literal figurehead anchor has been suspended. There are clearly bigger things to be concerned about right now.

It was announced to be Jo Coburn, even before Huw was suspended

(06-07-2023, 04:14 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  With Jo Coburn presenting, which is a surprise as I would expecting to be Laura K after she did the local elections overnight
[-] The following 6 users Like oscillon's post:
  • Alessi, bkman1990, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer, xlalonce

I'm unsure if anyone in charge of the News Channel reads these posts, but will they please get into the habit of removing the now red logo strap from the footer of the screen when the Weather is on, or change the Weather straps to sit just above the red logo strap!
[-] The following 5 users Like ilsondan15's post:
  • Brekkie, chrisherald, Daveuk, interestednovice, Quantum+83

(20-07-2023, 10:01 PM)ilsondan15 Wrote:  I'm unsure if anyone in charge of the News Channel reads these posts, but will they please get into the habit of removing the now red logo strap from the footer of the screen when the Weather is on, or change the Weather straps to sit just above the red logo strap!
Not just me then that was trying to follow the weather but had no clue what going on!
[-] The following 4 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AndrewP, ilsondan15, interestednovice, Quantum+83

(20-07-2023, 09:16 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but do we know who is helming the by-election overnight special coverage? Assuming in different times it would have been Huw?

Also, the fuss on here about the people in the background of a shot is laughable given the BBC's literal figurehead anchor has been suspended. There are clearly bigger things to be concerned about right now.
I don't think Huw would ever have presented it. In the 80s, by-election specials were Newsnight's domain; then it became the standard election night team with Dimbleby during the 90s, moving towards Midnight Hour branding mid-decade; then responsibility was given over to News 24 a while after that launched, though typically with a more senior presenter than an overnight one; before settling on the Millbank team in the early/mid-2010s, initially under This Week branding. Maybe with the 90s set-up, they would have roped him in, but I suspect this would always have been Coburn.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • Alessi, AndrewP, Brekkie, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83, Transmission, UTVLifer

Shaun Ley is back on air!!!
[Image: 5df23a9a4e91f4eef18a0e60518b83d0.png]

ibb.co 

Here is another picture of him.

(21-07-2023, 12:22 AM)Nobby Wrote:  ibb.co 

Here is another picture of him.
Disguised as Glastonbury's Michael Eavis!

Regarding the panel: shocking the BBC can only book two tabloid journos as guests for its panel! The Sun and The Mirror?

I thought I was watching another channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer, W1ll

👀

twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like LDN's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe, Quantum+83, Stuart, thePineapple

Thought this was too funny not to flag up
twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 9 users Like Josh's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, BBI45, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, NickyBoy, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

Why do they do intro and say it’s three hours of fast paced news bla bla bla, it’s not, it’s the same thing.

If they really want to go opaque graphics overload they should make the live graphic opaque too with strobing reds and whites.
[-] The following 11 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, fatal paper cut, ilsondan15, interestednovice, LargelyALurker, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer