BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Yalda Hakim is to leave BBC News later this year. Maryam Moshiri will replace her as host of The Daily Global.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like bananaman's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, lepeterrr

Yalda is joining Sky News: www.skygroup.sky 
[-] The following 7 users Like Robinho02's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, LDN, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I thought she might leave. She hasn’t seemed settled since the merger.
[-] The following 6 users Like Chud's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Quantum+83

Great news, she stays on our screens, in a better place!

Yalda's departure is a big blow for this new news channel. She was one of the ''chosen ones'', supposed to lead the channel, with a prime time slot. But in reality it was a downgrade gig where presenter is a frozen autocue operator. I made sure to tune into her slot but I doubt I'll do that when the replacement takes over.

BBC News has lost SO MUCH talent over the last several years and especially last year or so, it's really hard to connect the brand to any people these days. It's pretty much Matthew, Lucy and Sally as the only remaining long serving presenters and who can guarantee they won't jump ship as well.

I'm not even going to go into production values, sets, visuals etc.

IMO, BBC News needs to actually hire someone of quality and experience, a new name to balance out all of these losses. Can's help but think of Hala Gorani, even though she left CNNI she intends to go back to TV work eventually.
[-] The following 9 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, Jeff, Quantum+83, thePineapple, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(27-07-2023, 01:18 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  She was one of the ''chosen ones'', supposed to lead the channel, with a prime time slot. But in reality it was a downgrade gig where presenter is a frozen autocue operator. I made sure to tune into her slot but I doubt I'll do that when the replacement takes over.
Considering the role came with a 30% payrise, I'm not sure it's that much of a downgrade.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • chrisherald

twitter.com  

Another ringing endorsement for the newly-merged BBC News channel. 

Absolute sh!tshow.
[-] The following 15 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Jeff, LondonViewer, News76, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Spencer, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(27-07-2023, 01:18 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Yalda's departure is a big blow for this new news channel. She was one of the ''chosen ones'', supposed to lead the channel, with a prime time slot. But in reality it was a downgrade gig where presenter is a frozen autocue operator. I made sure to tune into her slot but I doubt I'll do that when the replacement takes over.

BBC News has lost SO MUCH talent over the last several years and especially last year or so, it's really hard to connect the brand to any people these days. It's pretty much Matthew, Lucy and Sally as the only remaining long serving presenters and who can guarantee they won't jump ship as well.

I'm not even going to go into production values, sets, visuals etc.

IMO, BBC News needs to actually hire someone of quality and experience, a new name to balance out all of these losses. Can's help but think of Hala Gorani, even though she left CNNI she intends to go back to TV work eventually.
The reality is that BBC News doesn’t have the money anymore to hire someone new with quality and experience. If someone is made a better offer elsewhere and wants to go they are going to go. That doesn’t excuse them for not making use of all the news presenters they have on the books though.
[-] The following 8 users Like AJB39's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jeff, Quantum+83, Radio_man, UTVLifer

(27-07-2023, 01:32 PM)DTV Wrote:  Considering the role came with a 30% payrise, I'm not sure it's that much of a downgrade.

Sure it is. If you're not enjoying what you are doing then sometimes no amount more money can make up for it.

However, now she can take her 30% pay rise to the private sector and up it further. Good on her.
[-] The following 9 users Like neonemesis's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, LDN, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(27-07-2023, 02:03 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  The reality is that BBC News doesn’t have the money anymore to hire someone new with quality and experience. If someone is made a better offer elsewhere and wants to go they are going to go. That doesn’t excuse them for not making use of all the news presenters they have on the books though.

£230,000 - no wonder they don’t have any money to improve the channel, that’s ridiculus when they are rooted to their seat controlling the autocue.