BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(01-08-2023, 01:05 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Camera move failure on the One today. Ben was stood at the tower and the camera decided toove away from him heading to the corner of the studio taking him out of shot. Fortunately Ben had his script with him as it looked like there was no other camera facing him for autocue.
Indeed, there is only one camera on the track in front of that tower, so if it 'goes rogue' you've lost your autocue.  In any other presenting position in B you've always got at least another one or two hopefully vaguely pointing at you.

I guess the skill of live presentation is to be able to quickly find your place on your paper script without a pause, and just ignore the fact that you're no longer in shot.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(01-08-2023, 01:05 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Camera move failure on the One today. Ben was stood at the tower and the camera decided toove away from him heading to the corner of the studio taking him out of shot. Fortunately Ben had his script with him as it looked like there was no other camera facing him for autocue.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • Quantum+83, Rolling News

A rather nice video from Chris Cook, featuring "an early version of the newsroom backdrop and the prototype desk" in Studio B: 
twitter.com 

(01-08-2023, 05:46 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Indeed, there is only one camera on the track in front of that tower, so if it 'goes rogue' you've lost your autocue.  In any other presenting position in B you've always got at least another one or two hopefully vaguely pointing at you.

I guess the skill of live presentation is to be able to quickly find your place on your paper script without a pause, and just ignore the fact that you're no longer in shot.

Which works fine unless you don't carry your script with you - which a number of presenters seem to now do.

I don't know if they've been able to install hanging autocues like they had in E on the catwalk for Simon's Nationwide slot. I guess that was a positive of the lower ceiling.
[-] The following 4 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(01-08-2023, 04:41 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  Agreed. It's just as vague as ever - 'soon' could mean tomorrow or next week. It could also mean in 2024.

Oh come on-they are not going to drag this out to the end of the financial year next March! Although realistically i cannot see anything happening before the 1st week of September now since we're entering silly season (aka August).
[-] The following 3 users Like News76's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83

(01-08-2023, 06:09 PM)LDN Wrote:  A rather nice video from Chris Cook, featuring "an early version of the newsroom backdrop and the prototype desk" in Studio B: 
twitter.com 

A sequel video from Chris Cook showing the testing of the first robot camera.

twitter.com 

[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83

Blimey. Seems a bit daft putting Moira Stuart's number on the autocue and then publishing it on Twitter.
[-] The following 3 users Like Joe's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, RhysJR

(01-08-2023, 08:46 PM)Joe Wrote:  Blimey. Seems a bit daft putting Moira Stuart's number on the autocue and then publishing it on Twitter.

Indeed, that video has now been deleted with this similar video posted as a replacement.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Stuart

The UK feed of BBC News carries on World News America instead of the 10 - most likely, anticipating Trump's indictment, as the 10 today is on usual schedule and of usual length.
[-] The following 5 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

This is my first time seeing Sumi for a full programme (instead of just Twitter clips) and she's really impressing me.
[-] The following 5 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83