BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Sumi is back on the UK feed at 22:30 UKT to report on the upcoming Trump indictment.

However at least one World feed seems to be going on with HardTalk for BOTH.

UPD. World feed broke back to Sumi and Trump indictment after a few minutes.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Newsnight have thrown their running order - going by the episode title on iPlayer, tonight was supposed to be focused on Iran's mortality police - out of the window as they cover this live

I know it's been around for a while, but while I don't love the programme's logo, I do still quite like the title sequence for BBC World News America... 

ibb.co  

...and I can't help but wonder -- with some trepidation -- when it will be replaced by a new sh!ttier version based on a red circle, as is the current design trend for BBC News programmes. The current titles will soon, inevitably, need to be updated with the Chameleon top-and-bottom BBC News branding, rather than the old-hat red box... and that will be the perfect opportunity to replace them completely, with something much worse. 

So that's something terrible to look forward to.

(01-08-2023, 06:09 PM)LDN Wrote:  A rather nice video from Chris Cook, featuring "an early version of the newsroom backdrop and the prototype desk" in Studio B: 
twitter.com 

More depth in that background loop. Looks less like the house lights are on as the current one does.
[-] The following 8 users Like kookaburra's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, LDN, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

They didn’t do that headline sequence correctly the ticker kept on coming back in between headlines.

(31-07-2023, 03:10 AM)London Lite Wrote:  MOTD is 7.30-9am, so the BBC News simulcast will continue until September.

Just catching up on the past few pages, to note the MOTD repeat on Sunday 13 August is 8:35-10:00.
[-] The following 3 users Like dvboy's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, Quantum+83

(01-08-2023, 08:46 PM)Joe Wrote:  Blimey. Seems a bit daft putting Moira Stuart's number on the autocue and then publishing it on Twitter.

What was the context of this? What did it say on the Autocue?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko

Now the tweet has gone, the jokes falls flat(ter). It just had a mobile phone number displaying on the prompter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Joe's post:
  • bilky asko

(01-08-2023, 01:05 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Camera move failure on the One today. Ben was stood at the tower and the camera decided toove away from him heading to the corner of the studio taking him out of shot. Fortunately Ben had his script with him as it looked like there was no other camera facing him for autocue.

One thing worth noting,  that in the US (am not sure in the UK), presenters have multiple confidence monitors in the grid and prompters as well.  I’m sure the wall off camera may have had had one too.

I wonder how much it would cost to put one on the bottom rear of the Electric Friends (some of their demo units have that).

[Image: TV2-IMG_5645.jpg]

Edit The monitors seem to fade forward as in the camera direction. However I don’t see what could stop a rear monitor.

(02-08-2023, 07:32 PM)rkolsen Wrote:  One thing worth noting,  that in the US (am not sure in the UK), presenters have multiple confidence monitors in the grid and prompters as well.  I’m sure the wall off camera may have had had one too.

I wonder how much it would cost to put one on the bottom rear of the Electric Friends (some of their demo units have that).

[Image: TV2-IMG_5645.jpg]

Edit The monitors seem to fade forward as in the camera direction. However I don’t see what could stop a rear monitor.

Geez those things are just creepy looking. Like something outta Black Mirror.
[-] The following 3 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • Newsroom, Spencer, UTVLifer