BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(05-08-2023, 03:03 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I'll just leave this here.

Yalda Hakim has basically left over the way things have worked out for this merged disaster.

www.thetimes.co.uk 

Do you have a link to a non-paywalled version of this article? Subscribers have the option to share gift links to full articles

(05-08-2023, 06:59 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Do you have a link to a non-paywalled version of this article? Subscribers have the option to share gift links to full articles

Does this link help?

www.thetimes.co.uk 
[-] The following 12 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, BlightyExPat, bob, chrisherald, Chud, harshy, Newsroom, oscillon, Quantum+83, Radio_man, Superman1986

Some differing styles in BBC News' Stories - Chameleon-like gradients...
[Image: BBC%20News%20Stories%20Chameleon%20A.jpg][Image: BBC%20News%20Stories%20Chameleon%20B.jpg]

Looks similar to the one used on their online streaming feeds, as shown by @Moz a few months ago:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=235]

The text layout wasn't new either - there's one back in January:
[Image: BBC%20Story%20B.jpg]

I'm probably thinking too much about it though...

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(05-08-2023, 07:09 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Does this link help?

www.thetimes.co.uk 

I mean c'mon.. would some admin create a poll at this stage? 

I for one no longer watch this abomination of a channel! It's failed end of and it's about time the BBC realised that cost cutting at 'news' was an ill fated move. 

Cost cut elsewhere but NOT AT NEWS, in which the BBC has hailed best in over 60+ years! BBC News were basically the inventor of news. It is utter madness that this split/merger was even allowed!
[-] The following 6 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, News76, Quantum+83

(05-08-2023, 07:09 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Does this link help?

www.thetimes.co.uk 

Yalda seems quite happy now she’s leaving the sinking ship that is the crippled merged news channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(07-08-2023, 06:16 PM)harshy Wrote:  Yalda seems quite happy now she’s leaving the sinking ship that is the crippled merged news channel.

She certainly seems more relaxed and seems to be smiling more.

If I was her, I'd be beaming from ear to ear.
[-] The following 5 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

The irony being is the Global slot is probably the one that really could focus on World News with the 6pm hour not aired in the UK, which IMO then makes it easier for the news channel to have world news leading the 7pm hour. I'm not surprised though - suspect the Schofield and Huw Edwards coverage pretty much forced her hand.
[-] The following 9 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Jeff, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(07-08-2023, 06:35 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The irony being is the Global slot is probably the one that really could focus on World News with the 6pm hour not aired in the UK, which IMO then makes it easier for the news channel to have world news leading the 7pm hour.    I'm not surprised though - suspect the Schofield and Huw Edwards coverage pretty much forced her hand.

Mind you Sky News covered both of those stories just as much if not more then BBC News did.
[-] The following 5 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jeff, Quantum+83

(07-08-2023, 05:45 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  I mean c'mon.. would some admin create a poll at this stage?
Yes, could someone help identify what this forum thinks of the new BBC News channel. It's just so hard to tell.
[-] The following 9 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, Andy, bkman1990, chaose, chrisherald, Critique, Jeff, Quantum+83, Spencer

The excellent Sumi Somaskanda is in the U.K. doing The Context tonight.
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer