BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Wow, the way that the apology was phrased was as big a shambles as the rest of it
[-] The following 4 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bkman1990, freeaxe, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(10-08-2023, 05:40 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Wow, the way that the apology was phrased was as big a shambles as the rest of it

Indeed, it suggested there was some bad language maybe in the background, or by a member of the public

Not that someone decided to play out a correspondent’s rehearsal rather than her actual report

This won’t be the finest hour of News Channel Matthew has ever presented, three apologises within a few minutes.

And like someone else said, if this was GB News’s first few weeks it would have been ridiculed and gone viral across the internet
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, Quantum+83

(10-08-2023, 05:40 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I think it's important to remember that this is a result of cost-cutting, coming about because of real-terms reductions in the licence fee by the government since 2010.
And sadly the lower quality of service as a result of such cuts will be used by some to call for further cuts.

I wonder what channel had the higher budget (adjusted for inflation) - the current BBC News Channel or the original ITN News Channel. I bet it’s still the BBC.
[-] The following 8 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AIB01WB, all new phil, bkman1990, Brekkie, chris, LondonViewer, Pips2022, Quantum+83

You can hear the gallery talkback there couldn’t make out what they were saying though.

Maybe reporters also need to be more serious when doing this sort of thing, without swearing and making faces. Anything they film could come up on air, as we see.
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, Nobby, Pips2022

(10-08-2023, 07:46 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Maybe reporters also need to be more serious when doing this sort of thing, without swearing and making faces. Anything they film could come up on air, as we see.
"Your never alone with a microphone"
[-] The following 3 users Like lepeterrr's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart

(10-08-2023, 07:46 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Maybe reporters also need to be more serious when doing this sort of thing, without swearing and making faces. Anything they film could come up on air, as we see.

Bit unfair. I could see through it if every other word was a swear word or she was pulling really stupid faces but to be fair to her she muttered it under her breath. Haven’t we all swore under our breath when trying to do something and it keeps going wrong? I know I have. 

Without being overly dramatic, things like this show just how deep these cuts are reaching. Before you there were two high quality channels, whereas now it often feels like they’re flat out against it just getting one to air. Even the national bulletins seem to be experiencing more errors. 

Again without being dramatic, I do wonder if things like this become a mor en frequent occurrence could lead to a more negative viewer opinion of the channel? Most of the time people will laugh off cameras going awol but things like this viewers won’t like.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 4 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, seenee

They swear all the time on feeds when they are rehearsing, it’s a great reminder they are human too, it just usually dosent make it to air.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

(10-08-2023, 05:40 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I think it's important to remember that this is a result of cost-cutting, coming about because of real-terms reductions in the licence fee by the government since 2010.

It’s not a direct reduction to the news budget though, management decided on the hit to news. It’s hard to see other parts of the organisation suffering in this way.