BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(14-08-2023, 04:02 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Can’t get my head round why it matters that people don’t do the same shifts week after week. It’s not really how the industry - particularly freelancing - works.
Noone was really doing that, though. Someone suggested that there was a greater range in presenters at weekends since the merger, I simply said that I felt, as with many changes sometimes linked to the merger, it's actually a shift that has been going on for several years now. Someone else ended the discussion with a joke. Not much more to it.
[-] The following 7 users Like DTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances, harshy, LDN, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Rolling News

(14-08-2023, 04:02 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Can’t get my head round why it matters that people don’t do the same shifts week after week. It’s not really how the industry - particularly freelancing - works.
We're a bright brunch, so I think most here know that. To be honest I don't think that was what people were picking holes in. The thing is that there are so many new faces popping up every weekend, it's a bit hard to keep up. And not to put anyone down but the weekday presenters are so good that... it kinda shows up the semi-anonymous weekend hosts.
[-] The following 8 users Like KatsKaravan's post:
  • bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Frances, harshy, Newsroom, Rolling News, UTVLifer

I’ve noticed for the last couple of days, the sound keeps cutting off early at the end of the titles, as well as the half hour sting. Looks very abrupt.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald

(15-08-2023, 02:14 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I’ve noticed for the last couple of days, the sound keeps cutting off early at the end of the titles, as well as the half hour sting. Looks very abrupt.

Ahem! These two gentlemen have it sussed! 

x.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, MLehon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer

Tech issues just to cut the theme tune sound ? Probably some corrupt scripting gone wrong.

I'm loving Sumi presenting in London over this week and last covering Christian on the Context. I also love how after the titles she says "Good evening" - makes it feel much more welcoming to me as a UK viewer again. I'm not a fan of her saying "welcome to our show"...
[-] The following 1 user Likes harryb's post:
  • chrisherald

Yet another new presenter today, this time in the 5am UK slot: Marc Ashdown.

That pool is getting wider and longer……

(16-08-2023, 06:02 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Yet another new presenter today, this time in the 5am UK slot: Marc Ashdown.

That pool is getting wider and longer……
Anyone would think it's the summer holidays. Wink

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(16-08-2023, 06:33 AM)Keith Wrote:  Anyone would think it's the summer holidays. Wink
And he’s now entering his fourth hour on the Channel. Seems to be doing a double shift or filling-in for a missing presenter.

In other news: the abrupt cut-off of the titles seems to have been resolved.
[-] The following 4 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

Something went wrong at 9am bst 16/8/23, I don’t think the headlines sequence fired, it then got stuck on a static frame, then cut to Mark who looked lost, then as he was saying his intro, the titles played and then cut to the studio shot, with Marks hand in the air clearly saying what’s going on, it was just a mess really, it’s sad to see this once great world news channel has been reduced to this.
[-] The following 7 users Like harshy's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, Quantum+83, Stuart