BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The NC UK feed is indeed taking North West Tonight. The flipper is generated from NBH, everything else is from Salford. A few snapshots for those who missed it:
[Image: 1622d0b80b658062d4543e4cb55209df.png]
[Image: c9c870ecc3563af74f260828d60885b2.png]
[Image: daa423330b77f88f73375deeae9ce337.png]
[Image: ed4255a178589c9607b0b07eed7be900.png]
Presentation-wise, can I just say this style of lower thirds looks actually way better than the NC's full-on red ones? The red and black have a nice contrast.
[Image: 1cd460793a01d7baaf78a517eaaaee35.png]
[-] The following 12 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, ilsondan15, James, Johnnie, oscillon, Quantum+83, Spencer

(18-08-2023, 09:23 AM)Keith Wrote:  Am I correct in thinking at that away from the 5 presenter roles hardly any (or possibly none) of the additional presenter-reporter roles have still yet to be announced?
Deadline reports Nancy Kacungira has one of the presenter-reporter roles
deadline.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like excel99's post:
  • chrisherald, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(18-08-2023, 04:04 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I thought this would warrant a UK only opt, but this is going out on World.

So a genuine question. It's obviously a big UK story, but before the merger, would World News have rolled all day with this story?

This seems like another example of World editorially being sacrificed for UK viewers
[-] The following 5 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, xlalonce

(18-08-2023, 07:23 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So a genuine question. It's obviously a big UK story, but before the merger, would World News have rolled all day with this story?
No, it might get a mention, but it definitely wouldn't be high up the running order during non-simulcast hours. UK news on World was generally limited to key politics, royals, culture, business and sport. UK crime might get covered if really major - the Essex migrant lorry deaths definitely got lead story coverage - but I can't see a sentencing like this get much more than a package tops. It certainly wouldn't get rolling coverage, not least as World were generally quite reticent to do rolling news coverage (though this did loosen as time went on).
[-] The following 2 users Like DTV's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald

(18-08-2023, 07:30 PM)DTV Wrote:  No, it might get a mention, but it definitely wouldn't be high up the running order during non-simulcast hours. UK news on World was generally limited to key politics, royals, culture, business and sport. UK crime might get covered if really major - the Essex migrant lorry deaths definitely got lead story coverage - but I can't see a sentencing like this get much more than a package tops. It certainly wouldn't get rolling coverage, not least as World were generally quite reticent to do rolling news coverage (though this did loosen as time went on).

For comparison, it got coverage on CNN (One World) earlier, they played out an ITN package and followed it with an interview.

(18-08-2023, 07:30 PM)DTV Wrote:  No, it might get a mention, but it definitely wouldn't be high up the running order during non-simulcast hours. UK news on World was generally limited to key politics, royals, culture, business and sport. UK crime might get covered if really major - the Essex migrant lorry deaths definitely got lead story coverage - but I can't see a sentencing like this get much more than a package tops. It certainly wouldn't get rolling coverage, not least as World were generally quite reticent to do rolling news coverage (though this did loosen as time went on).
So today's rolling coverage on the main channel puzzles me then, because as we've said, if the Global channel loses viewers and revenue due to it becoming BBC News (UK), then the viability of both the UK and Global operation is threatened. 

We know opt outs are possible, and if the verdict had been expected today, then why couldn't a rolling UK opt out have been planned for today?
For example, a rolling morning opt out was planned for the coverage of the by-elections in July.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Radio_man's post:
  • chrisherald

(18-08-2023, 07:45 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  So today's rolling coverage on the main channel puzzles me then, because as we've said, if the Global channel loses viewers and revenue due to it becoming BBC News (UK), then the viability of both the UK and Global operation is threatened. 

We know opt outs are possible, and if the verdict had been expected today, then why couldn't a rolling UK opt out have been planned for today?
For example, a rolling morning opt out was planned for the coverage of the by-elections in July.

The jury were in deliberations for several weeks so it was hard to be on full alert for that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • chrisherald

(18-08-2023, 01:59 PM)steve Wrote:  Yes, the verdicts had been coming in over the past few days but unable to be reported while deliberations still ongoing so the broadcasters will have known quite likely they would be reporting this from 1pm.

I thought the coverage on the One with Jane Hill, and Anna Foster live in Manchester on the Channel is very strong. Shows the value of having someone of Anna Foster's quality able to anchor on the scene for such a horrific, significant case.

Thanks for putting a name to the face.  First time I've seen someone I didn't recognise on the presenting on the merged news channel and thought they were excellent.   One to keep an eye on.

Looks like separate feeds tonight, but the Uk news channel has no studio of their own it’s just an outside broadcast so it’s either the balcony studio or nothing.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon

I'm not sure what her regular reporting role is (I know she reported from Kyiv last year) but after today I wouldnt be adverse to seeing her more on the News Channel. Maybe one of the presenter reporter roles?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rolling News's post:
  • UTVLifer