BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The only good thing that came out of this merger is Nancy Kacungira and she should have gotten Yalda's slot!
[-] The following 5 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AndrewP, Moz, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, xlalonce

How many times does the director have to play the BREAKING sting this hour???

Last weekend they've been playing the breaking sting for like 10 times every hour in between every package during rolling coverage of Lucy Letby... Is this a new stunt they're piloting in attempt to "catch the audience attention"??? Even the American news channels is not that crazy with breaking stings...

And here we are with rolling coverage of the Wagner boss's plane accident and they've played the sting for like 4 times now this hour in between every interview and package and segment...

[Image: 2483873da90d7b6d85c0a67831473a1f.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, Reith85, UTVLifer

"Breaking" aston near BBC News logo in lower 3rds made a return

[Image: BBC-Breaking-23aug.png]
[-] The following 8 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, LDN, Quantum+83, UTVLifer, xlalonce

The three flashes animation that used to happen only when that white box and Breaking text animated onscreen now also happens every 20 seconds
[-] The following 7 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, LDN, Moz, oscillon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(23-08-2023, 05:52 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It’s also notable that at this time of year when everyone is on holiday Martine would usually have been called up to host the One on numerous occasions

Instead the network team has seemed pretty stretched and Clive and/or Reeta have been on air practically every day 7 days a week across the summer.

Yesterday was Maryam hosting news at one
[-] The following 3 users Like mccanmat's post:
  • bkman1990, oscillon, Quantum+83

(23-08-2023, 06:46 PM)ALV Wrote:  How many times does the director have to play the BREAKING sting this hour???

Last weekend they've been playing the breaking sting for like 10 times every hour 

[Image: 2483873da90d7b6d85c0a67831473a1f.png]
Maybe we should take it as a literal acknowledgement that BBC News is breaking.

I agree with the comments of how good Anna Foster is. She reminds me of a young Maxine Mawhinney.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, House, JamesWorldNews, London Lite, Quantum+83

(23-08-2023, 06:57 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  The three flashes animation that used to happen only when that white box and Breaking text animated onscreen now also happens every 20 seconds
It flashes in the flipper and the lower thirds now, too much for my old eyes.

(23-08-2023, 06:42 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  The only good thing that came out of this merger is Nancy Kacungira and she should have gotten Yalda's slot!
That would have made sense, although I disagree that her being a good presenter is something that has come out of the merger - she regularly used to appear on World News Today, and also anchored that very capably, in addition to other WN-led weekend simulcast programming before the relaunch. I particularly like Nancy’s interviewing style and that’s what marks her out the most to me as somebody who does well on the channel.
[-] The following 6 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, ginnyfan, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, UTVLifer

https://twitter.com/chrisckmedia/status/1694457702833905925?s=20
[-] The following 5 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, Medianext.MX, Quantum+83, UTVLifer