BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(01-09-2023, 08:42 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  This has become the problem with so many of us that really do care about this channel and what it's become. Way too many people are focussing on the non issues either viewer F, G, H or I would notice, but us
aficionados DO notice issues such as A, B, C, D, because we are so use to a BBC News Service that commands respect, and does not portray the dismal production of GBNEWS.

It's a shocking state of affairs and one someone would wake the FARM up to!
Hear hear! 100% agree with everything you wrote. We know there’s no money left, yada yada, but that doesn’t excuse the urine-poor production values that quite frankly would embarrass even GB news. 

You have to work with what you’ve got, which does mean a more basic service than we all would like, but it’s nothing some creative people couldn’t work around. It’s not becoming of the British flag broadcaster to put out something even developing countries would be ashamed of.
[-] The following 9 users Like KatsKaravan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, interestednovice, News76, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

(01-09-2023, 10:06 PM)KatsKaravan Wrote:  Hear hear! 100% agree with everything you wrote. We know there’s no money left, yada yada, but that doesn’t excuse the urine-poor production values that quite frankly would embarrass even GB news. 

You have to work with what you’ve got, which does mean a more basic service than we all would like, but it’s nothing some creative people couldn’t work around. It’s not becoming of the British flag broadcaster to put out something even developing countries would be ashamed of.

Well the latest set of BBC News bloopers are up on YouTube from Bax.

(01-09-2023, 10:35 PM)harshy Wrote:  Well the latest set of BBC News bloopers are up on YouTube from Bax.
Thank you Harshy (and Bax) for that, it gave me a laugh.

However, it now demonstrates that the UK's international news channel now may as well be operating out of a wooden house on the outskirts of Walnut Grove.  Confused

(Picture Source: NBCU/Comcast)
[-] The following 9 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, interestednovice, Newsroom, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News

Well, the new Newswatch titles are probably the most uninspiring I have ever seen. Basically just a spinning circle. Plus recycling the same theme music from 2008. Sadly, I've come to expect nothing else from BBC News these days. The laughable thing is that Samira invited us to let them know what we think of the new titles!
[-] The following 12 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, GMc, interestednovice, LDN, Quantum+83, Rolling News, TJTSW, UTVLifer

There's a great concept there, while sticking with a circle theme – a radar 'watching' BBC News. It's so unimaginatively executed though.
[-] The following 6 users Like Joe's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(01-09-2023, 11:43 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  Well, the new Newswatch titles are probably the most uninspiring I have ever seen. Basically just a spinning circle. Plus recycling the same theme music from 2008. Sadly, I've come to expect nothing else from BBC News these days. The laughable thing is that Samira invited us to let them know what we think of the new titles!
I concur, how far can you downgrade things before people tell you to give up entirely?

If I had the sound muted, I would think she was presenting a programme about snooker with all those reflections on the 'ball'. I was expecting her to chalk up a cue stick at the end of the programme.

I doubt she really wants to know what people think of the new look. It wouldn't be broadcast anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

(01-09-2023, 11:43 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  Well, the new Newswatch titles are probably the most uninspiring I have ever seen. Basically just a spinning circle. Plus recycling the same theme music from 2008. Sadly, I've come to expect nothing else from BBC News these days. The laughable thing is that Samira invited us to let them know what we think of the new titles!
Totally unispiring

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, oscillon, Quantum+83, Stuart

“Now we’re up to date, let’s turn to an issue that’s cropped up this week, concerning some breaking news reported during Nicky Campbell’s phone-in show on the NC, presented by Rachel Burden on Thursday morning”!

Imagine that sentence just a year ago, it would be unthinkable.
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, ilsondan15

(02-09-2023, 12:10 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Totally unispiring

twitter.com 
yet much better than the 3 flagship international shows tbh

This is at least iStock level of graphics instead of the PowerPoint morph transition feel of News Now, Verified Live and the Daily Global
[-] The following 6 users Like xlalonce's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GeeTeeKay474, interestednovice

(01-09-2023, 11:56 PM)Joe Wrote:  There's a great concept there, while sticking with a circle theme – a radar 'watching' BBC News. It's so unimaginatively executed though.

Wow its so bad, and no one got rid of the flipper so you couldnt see the NEWS bit underneath either, its just so bad, can it get any worse...
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, UTVLifer