BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

The Friday difference is because World News America airs as normal for a weekday in the US, whereas London 'covers' that timeslot on weekends. In one sense, 2300 UK time Friday is where the 'weekend arrangements' start and 2300 UK Sunday is where they end
[-] The following 3 users Like excel99's post:
  • interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83

(17-09-2023, 03:10 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Well that’s over. Must be a slow news day over at the DM! I would have thought they had something, not just based on a photo! What a lot of rot!
Normally, of course, the Mail Online is such a bastion of accurate and quality journalism.
[-] The following 8 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, SlimyTrain, Stuart, TVFan

(17-09-2023, 07:15 PM)excel99 Wrote:  The Friday difference is because World News America airs as normal for a weekday in the US, whereas London 'covers' that timeslot on weekends. In one sense, 2300 UK time Friday is where the 'weekend arrangements' start and 2300 UK Sunday is where they end
That makes sense - I was aware that 23:00 U.K. time on Sunday was where the weekend arrangements ended, as that is “morning” in Singapore for Newsday. On Friday nights, of course, the reverse occurs - where it’s already Saturday morning in Singapore, and thus no Newsday, but Friday afternoon in Washington and WN America has to air, as you say.

I was being stupid, sorry again! Smile

(17-09-2023, 10:41 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  That makes sense - I was aware that 23:00 U.K. time on Sunday was where the weekend arrangements ended, as that is “morning” in Singapore for Newsday. On Friday nights, of course, the reverse occurs - where it’s already Saturday morning in Singapore, and thus no Newsday, but Friday afternoon in Washington and WN America has to air, as you say.
At least this is one thing that is better than it used to be on World News. After the 2010 schedule changes, the weekend basically began at about noon on Friday, with about half of the afternoon and evening schedules completely different. It got sort of a bit better in recent years (in terms of dropping non-newsy bits), but you still had a few stranded programmes that disappeared on Fridays for no real reason.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Lec_Ver16

Is the Liz Truss conference going out on the World feed? Lukwesa introduced it from Studio C.

(18-09-2023, 10:39 AM)Rolling News Wrote:  Is the Liz Truss conference going out on the World feed? Lukwesa introduced it from Studio C.
Struggle to see the justification for it going out on the UK feed.  It's a news channel, not a fantasy channel.
[-] The following 11 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bob, chrisherald, Frances, GMc, Rolling News, Scratch_Perry, Spencer, Transmission, UTVLifer

Am I imagining it or has the studio lighting been tweaked for tonight's Six? Seems to be a slightly different colour in the studio.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Have they toned down the red on the lower third to a slightly richer colour?
[-] The following 5 users Like sparkyb28's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Quantum+83, Superman1986

(18-09-2023, 06:12 PM)Keith Wrote:  Am I imagining it or has the studio lighting been tweaked for tonight's Six? Seems to be a slightly different colour in the studio.
Watching the Ten it looks like they also have a bit more pink/cream lighting, replacing some of the harsher whites. As I'm watching the Ten from a different TV I don't think it's my TV misbehaving.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 7 users Like Keith's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Sumi Somaskanda is presenting from New York flash studio today, due to the UN summit. Must be a first since overnights moved to the US.
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • Quantum+83, UTVLifer