BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Very cryptic from Martine

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AJB39, Quantum+83, Rolling News

The endless teasing is getting tedious.
[-] The following 12 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, chrisherald, Former Member 237, Jayesyn, London Lite, News76, oscillon, Reith85, Rolling News, thePineapple, Tsigriwa

I think everyone had read too much into that x.

The follow up shows it was just and innocent photo and a description of the photo.

twitter.com 

It's clear that there is an HR relations exercise going on, during such time no one would be able to accept a new role hence why the presenter correspondent roles remain largely unfilled. None of the presenters will be able to comment publicly on this, incase it is followed by legal action which could considerably damage their case.

Victoria Valentine just did a beautiful and thoughtful sign off from BBC News just t before 0555 as it was her last broadcast in the UK.
[-] The following 11 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Frances, Josh, Nobby, Reith85, Rolling News, TJTSW

(22-09-2023, 06:02 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  Victoria Valentine just did a beautiful and thoughtful sign off from BBC News just t before 0555 as it was her last broadcast in the UK.

It really was so lovely. I was a little surprised they gave her as much time as they did though. Playing 'Queen's We Are The Champions before the long close seemed a little odd, but her we got to see her famous cowboy boots for a solid minute. 

Wishing her luck!
[-] The following 7 users Like NewsCentral's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, Rolling News, UTVLifer, xlalonce

m.youtube.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, BlightyExPat, chrisherald, Frances, Josh, MLehon, Nobby, Reith85, RhysJR, thePineapple, Universal_r, UTVLifer

(22-09-2023, 06:08 AM)NewsCentral Wrote:  It really was so lovely. I was a little surprised they gave her as much time as they did though. Playing 'Queen's We Are The Champions before the long close seemed a little odd, but her we got to see her famous cowboy boots for a solid minute. 

Wishing her luck!

"Another One Bites the Dust" might have been more appropriate.
[-] The following 12 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, James, JamesWorldNews, JamieD, LDN, London Lite, NewsCentral, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple

(22-09-2023, 09:53 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  "Another One Bites the Dust" might have been more appropriate.

They should have just played the full bbc news music like they did for Mike Embley.

That camera seem to hit something it jolted there as it reached its end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

Sorry to sound like a misery, but having watched that, it all felt very over-the-top and self-indulgent to me.

There have been much higher profile and longer serving presenters who've bowed out with a lot less fuss and fanfare. I wish her all the best, but had it not been for this forum, I'm not sure I'd have known who she was.

(22-09-2023, 03:08 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Sorry to sound like a misery, but having watched that, it all felt very over-the-top and self-indulgent to me.

There have been much higher profile and longer serving presenters who've bowed out with a lot less fuss and fanfare. I wish her all the best, but had it not been for this forum, I'm not sure I'd have known who she was.
I quite agree, especially given that Martine Croxall, Annita McVeigh et al are in limbo and haven't been afforded the chance to say anything.
[-] The following 4 users Like Dougal's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, Scratch_Perry, Stuart