BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Presumably Katya is still the Europe editor, but she's presenting network BBC 1 news tonight because the current network news team is currently stretched.

I assume the 5 female anchors who are more than capable of presenting shifts on the NC or BBC 1 network news are still barred from appearing on screen, 6 months after they last appeared, despite still being on full pay.
[-] The following 6 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • denton, interestednovice, Jeff, MLehon, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(30-09-2023, 05:17 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Katya Adler is doing the BBC One bulletins this evening.

Has she ever presented news bulletins before?

(30-09-2023, 06:24 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Has she ever presented news bulletins before?

Katya presented on BBC World during weekends for quite a few years and also filled-in for Zeinab Badawi on the World News Today programme from Studio C. She’s no stranger to newsreading, albeit hasn’t for a few years.
[-] The following 8 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bax, interestednovice, oscillon, Quantum+83, Rolling News, UTVLifer

(30-09-2023, 06:28 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Katya presented on BBC World during weekends for quite a few years and also filled-in for Zeinab Badawi on the World News Today programme from Studio C. She’s no stranger to newsreading, albeit hasn’t for a few years.

Thanks. I wasn’t sure whether she had as I haven’t seen her presenting a bulletin before.

I think I remember her on either BBC One or NC during a bank holiday once a few years back too.

Nick Eardley being called Deputy Political Editor today. When did that happen?
[-] The following 3 users Like Alf Stewart's post:
  • AndrewP, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

(01-10-2023, 10:49 AM)Alf Stewart Wrote:  Nick Eardley being called Deputy Political Editor today. When did that happen?

Vicki Young has been on within the past week so I suspect it’s a mistake.

Every time I switch to the BBC News channel these days, I feel like I'm seconds away from a cock-up - whether it's a presenter fluffing their script, a gallery issue (e.g. VT not playing properly), a reporter at the scene or the presenter not realising they're on camera, the countdown messing up. Even if there is no cock-up and all goes smoothly, the experience of the last 6 months of the new merged channel has just led me to associate cock-ups with the channel. That plus a questionable presenting rosta, questionable graphical presentation and a lack of direction. The difference between the BBC News Channel these days and the generally slick operation that is Sky News is like comparing night and day.

(30-09-2023, 05:38 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  I assume the 5 female anchors who are more than capable of presenting shifts on the NC or BBC 1 network news are still barred from appearing on screen, 6 months after they last appeared, despite still being on full pay.
Good of you to shoehorn this in, I hadn't seen it mentioned for a few days.
[-] The following 4 users Like DTV's post:
  • all new phil, chrisherald, Joe, strollfan

(30-09-2023, 05:38 PM)Radio_man Wrote:  Presumably Katya is still the Europe editor, but she's presenting network BBC 1 news tonight because the current network news team is currently stretched.

I assume the 5 female anchors who are more than capable of presenting shifts on the NC or BBC 1 network news are still barred from appearing on screen, 6 months after they last appeared, despite still being on full pay.

Are they of National standards 🤔? Debatable