BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(02-10-2023, 03:57 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  I’m reliably informed it’ll break at 5pm and isn’t about any celebrity misdemeanours.

I'm too young to remember how the Princess Diana Panorama broke? Can anyone remember how far in advance were the media and audience informed?

It’s about the fashion brand Abercrombie & Fitch:

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • interestednovice

(02-10-2023, 04:52 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  It’s about the fashion brand Abercrombie & Fitch:

www.bbc.co.uk 

Not particularly explosive then, at least not in a domestic context anyway.

(02-10-2023, 05:12 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Not particularly explosive then, at least not in a domestic context anyway.

They had stores across the world. I'm 15mins (On iplayer) in and it really is quite explosive.

(02-10-2023, 01:10 PM)simeonsays Wrote:  There is an hour long Panorama Special at 9pm on BBC One this evening. Scott Bryan is reporting on Twitter that the BBC are not announcing what it's about?

Perhaps something explosive?

Scott Bryan and various others had put two and two together and assumed it’d be a Russell Brand style expose.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • AJB39

(02-10-2023, 05:24 PM)simeonsays Wrote:  They had stores across the world. I'm 15mins (On iplayer) in and it really is quite explosive.

Wasn't there a very similar Netflix doc from last year?

Much ado about nothing. Shy Can BBC News focus on some serious reporting on big international issues, for a change, instead of tabloid trash they've now become known for?

Meanwhile, nice to see Yalda back. Probably can't wait to get her remaining shifts done so she can go and do some proper world news reporting. Cool
[-] The following 3 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • BlightyExPat, Independent, interestednovice

One thing that irritates me about the news channel is that presenters rarely acknowledge what's going on. Take that blooper video - it would be so much smoother if the presenter said "sorry for those technical issues" or "apologies the graphics aren't playing ball today" - instead of coldly ignoring it. It would show that they're thinking about the viewer.

This applies beyond technical issues btw - when they have that 15min filler at 13.45 it would be great for the presenter to say "Hello, I'm ... keeping you updated until the TOTH" or something similar, to give the output some humanity.
[-] The following 8 users Like thePineapple's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, interestednovice, LargelyALurker, Nige, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News

(02-10-2023, 06:44 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Much ado about nothing. Shy Can BBC News focus on some serious reporting on big international issues, for a change, instead of tabloid trash they've now become known for?

Meanwhile, nice to see Yalda back. Probably can't wait to get her remaining shifts done so she can go and do some proper world news reporting. Cool

Or, as it seems, this is her last shift lol

(02-10-2023, 05:35 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Scott Bryan and various others had put two and two together and assumed it’d be a Russell Brand style expose.
The cynic in me suspects that the BBC saw how much attention C4’s Dispatches got through not announcing what it was about until shortly beforehand, and thought, “We’ll have a bit of that.”
[-] The following 6 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chrisherald, interestednovice, TJTSW, UTVLifer