BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(05-10-2023, 01:05 PM)Hemsright Wrote:  I hope someone at BBC News with some form of power has read this, because I don't think they know how bad it all looks.

Honestly it looks fine. 

I’m sure they have higher res images available (as used in B) but I’m guessing the screen itself isn’t high res enough. To call it a “blurred mess” as per earlier in the thread is ridiculous though.
[-] The following 4 users Like all new phil's post:
  • Brekkie, cando, London Lite, TVFan

(05-10-2023, 02:49 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Honestly it looks fine. 

I’m sure they have higher res images available (as used in B) but I’m guessing the screen itself isn’t high res enough. To call it a “blurred mess” as per earlier in the thread is ridiculous though.

I'd much like it if it was less bland and more vibrant in colour, if everything was just a tiny bit smaller like in Studio B and was more clearer I could somewhat respect it. How it is right now makes it feel flat and dull, it only fits well with the normal branding in studio C which is already dull enough.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hemsright's post:
  • chrisherald

(04-10-2023, 02:43 PM)TVfan23 Wrote:  The One o'clock News was back in Studio B as normal today.
I wonder what would have happened if the One wasn’t able to use Studio B today, given the World’s News Channel is still in Studio E.

(05-10-2023, 02:49 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Honestly it looks fine. 

Yeah it’s better then the previous background that was on a weird height looking downwards, I think it’s the res of the screen and there’s light shining on it and also making the presenters look oversaturated at times, the presentational aspects Dosent really help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • thePineapple

(05-10-2023, 04:04 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I wonder what would have happened if the One wasn’t able to use Studio B today, given the World’s News Channel is still in Studio E.

I'd guess one of them would have used D perhaps the BBC News at One given only one programme would be disrupted and the news channel, pre merger, has used it at weekends.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • Rolling News

Pacific Quay atrium/studio looks nice for their election programme being broadcast on the NC. Oddly, it's not on BBC Scotland on DSat.

I always admire good lighting effects. They are so cool.

[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, UTVLifer

In extra news, the new AR rotating 3D Electagon is nice . . .

[-] The following 6 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, LDN, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(06-10-2023, 01:38 AM)Stuart Wrote:  In extra news, the new rotating 3D Electagon is nice . . .

...and here it is in action: 
ibb.co  

And you're quite right -- Pacific Quay has looked rather splendid tonight.

- - - - -

But as one would expect from BBC News these days, there was of course a f**k-up with the lower-thirds after the by-election result was finally announced. 

BBC NEWS BREAKING...?
ibb.co 

BBC News... broken.
[-] The following 6 users Like LDN's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, harshy, Stuart, UTVLifer

As soon as the bi-election coverage ended in Scotland; the NC went to the filler countdown and the BBC News globe sting for a short period before switching back to the World feed in Washington. Oddly enough the BBC News filler music was still being played for a little bit longer while the World feed returned to the BBC's Washington studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • chrisherald

So I put the NC on about 09:10-09:15 this morning expecting to see some coverage or mention of the supposedly "seismic" by election result overnight (as Labour has described their win) but instead I see a banner saying "Toothbrushes in the classroom?"

Not even any mention of the result on the ticker at the bottom of the screen. I don't expect rolling coverage but there's just no on-screen acknowledgement of the result at all. Sky at least have on-screen mention of the result in their rolling ticker.
This is one of the most significant by-election results and realignments in Scottish politics since 2014 and will have a significant bearing on the outcome of the general election. This news channel now just feels broken.
[-] The following 13 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, chrisherald, denton, ilsondan15, JamieD, LargelyALurker, LDN, matthieu1221, Rolling News, Stuart, TJTSW, UTVLifer