BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(21-10-2023, 08:07 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Hear plenty of people here complaining about cuts, budgets, cutbacks…

BBC News remains better resourced than its commercial rivals.

I'm not aware of any commercial rival to the BBC who has 45 local and regional radio stations, a 24 hour news channel, multiple 24 hour international radio feeds, 2 foreign language TV channels, 10 national radio stations, a handful of regional language TV programmes, and news programmes on 4 regular TV channels?
[-] The following 13 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, Brekkie, chaose, chrisherald, DTV, interestednovice, Jeff, Nige, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, Stuart, thePineapple

(22-10-2023, 07:52 PM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  I'm not aware of any commercial rival to the BBC who has 45 local and regional radio stations, a 24 hour news channel, multiple 24 hour international radio feeds, 2 foreign language TV channels, 10 national radio stations, a handful of regional language TV programmes, and news programmes on 4 regular TV channels?

And their resource more than scales up appropriately.

Just a small note, but Focus on Africa will remain at 17:30 UKT after the clock change, so is now pegged to UKT all year round, rather than GMT as previously (allowing the 17:30 half-hour of 'Verified Live' to remain UK focussed). Overnight back-half schedule will still timeshift, so an extra pre-record replaces ABR and Sportsday at 02:30.

During the US-UK out-of-sync weeks, UK service will separate, with the 21:00 hour of The Context as UK only, with World News America and HARDtalk airing internationally. The 22:00 slot on World will be filled with an additional edition of Newsday, as opposed to the previous set-up of WNA airing on both, with The Context delayed to 21:30.

I wonder if the new titles for World News America will launch next week, I think it was ALV who posted a screenshot of it accidentally on screen.

I guess the Singapore team were disappointed after learning they would have to wait an additional week this year for their later workday start time. Tongue
[-] The following 6 users Like Independent's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, interestednovice, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

World News America:

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, oscillon, Quantum+83, Stuart

(23-10-2023, 11:06 AM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  World News America:

x.com 

I won’t get excited this time as we know we are gonna be disappointed.
[-] The following 11 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bax, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, mouseboy33, Quantum+83, Reith85, Stuart, UTVLifer

Maybe this is the reason for the current “basic” graphics. Waiting for this new graphics system?

I am an optimist btw
[-] The following 8 users Like Mjb's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Quantum+83, Stuart, UTVLifer

More Chameleon branding where the ‘NEWS’ bit gets cut off the bottom if the big red bar blocks it off, I expect.
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, harshy, Reith85, TJTSW, UTVLifer

There was a package this morning on ABR featuring this AR overlay on the window side of the Singapore studio... Not sooo sure if this is the "new toy" Chris Cook is talking about?
[Image: 746e9d826ba1140301d2236197e85cd3.png]
[Image: d0b2b36041ff0d0cbcf56b2a5576c75f.png]
A reminder of this "potential sneak peek" of the POSSIBLY new WNA graphics...
To be honest I've lost hope, the only slightest thing I'm hoping for is the current WNA theme gets to be retained and not be replaced with the generic bulletin theme. Fingers crossed...
[Image: b4e5a3f2b8a369f8c32e87e9481cf936-png.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, thePineapple, UTVLifer