BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

New titles actually okay - much better than the likes of News Now and Verified Live

youtu.be 
[-] The following 15 users Like TVHead's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bob, iheartpresentation, oscillon, Quantum+83, Reith85, RhysJR, robxu9, Spencer, Stuart, thePineapple, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Something with a tid bit more effort...
Honestly, my standards have gone way low ever since the frenzy on red and circle graphics, anything pleases me nowadays...
On the music side, the previous WNA theme is retained... thank god for no generic theme phew...
[-] The following 10 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bax, chrisherald, harshy, lepeterrr, oscillon, Quantum+83, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Looks like the designer of these basic new BBC News title sequences is Rend Shamma, a Senior Motion Designer at BBC News.

www.linkedin.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like mokked's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald

(23-10-2023, 10:09 PM)ALV Wrote:  Something with a tid bit more effort...
Honestly, my standards have gone way low ever since the frenzy on red and circle graphics, anything pleases me nowadays...
On the music side, the previous WNA theme is retained... thank god for no generic theme phew...

I quite like this can't even lie, whilst it does still have the weird aesthetic of "random shapes for no reason" they remembered they were making titles for a news programme so for me, it works in the end
[-] The following 2 users Like arbrax's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

Anyone know if WNA is now fully originating from Washington's gallery or it's still directed from NBH? The graphics such as the lower-thirds animation looks way too smooth and flawless, as if nothing's changed at all... The only "flaw" I can spot is that the flipper is not scrolling any headlines...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ALV's post:
  • oscillon

Closing:
[-] The following 6 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy, oscillon, watchingtv

(23-10-2023, 10:08 PM)TVHead Wrote:  New titles actually okay - much better than the likes of News Now and Verified Live

youtu.be 

Not as nice as what they replaced with the nice blues softening up the red but nice to see a different concept, though they don't escape the blandness of the red circles.

Overall it looked much better before. The "new" programme title graphics revealed over the last few months are probably the blandest BBC News graphics in over 30 years.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, DTV, mouseboy33, UTVLifer

Any signs of the “fancy new toys” Chris Cook tweeted about?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

I hope this is OK, its in 1080p50
[-] The following 7 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Moz, oscillon, Stuart, watchingtv

Much better than other recent efforts. If they’d put this effort into News Now, Verified Live, The Daily Global and Newswatch I think I could actually get on board with the new circles approach.

How typical we don’t see this slot in the U.K..