BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Something I don't like about the whole thing is the jump from countdown to titles some of the programs do - It breaks the whole "seamless" thing Chameleon in general is trying to do.
[-] The following 8 users Like Lyric's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chrisherald, freeaxe, interestednovice, oscillon, UTVLifer, xlalonce

(23-10-2023, 10:32 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Much better than other recent efforts. If they’d put this effort into News Now, Verified Live, The Daily Global and Newswatch I think I could actually get on board with the new circles approach.

How typical we don’t see this slot in the U.K..

Absolutely agree there, it is definitely better then their recent efforts, love how the camera pans in as well, makes the opening more dramatic as well, nice touch.

Presumably the new system is whats powering the cameras rather then the lower thirds?

Just a minor criticism, it dosent seem to connect with the WNA graphics on the screens in the studio, which seems like an early attempt with some shapes.
[-] The following 10 users Like harshy's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83, Reith85, Rolling News, SlimyTrain, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer

Sorry, still looks like a PowerPoint presentation.
[-] The following 11 users Like freeaxe's post:
  • AIB01WB, Brekkie, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Lec_Ver16, matthieu1221, Mike, mouseboy33, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, SuperSajuuk

It’s an improvement on the embarrassingly bad News Now and other blocks, but the shapes and swirls seem quite random - if there’s any bulletin that should have stripes (and stars) over swirls and swooshes it’s WNA. 

The title card is the weakest part, that cut out capitol building looks very photoshop 101.
[-] The following 8 users Like kookaburra's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, chaose, chrisherald, Stuart, SuperSajuuk, UTVLifer, xlalonce

I don’t suppose anyone watched the Washington bulletins to see if it was any different ? Is it safe to say there are no new graphics for the lower thirds?

Well, that's the new Regional News titles template sorted!
[-] The following 10 users Like steve's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, scottishtv, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(23-10-2023, 10:13 PM)mokked Wrote:  Looks like the designer of these basic new BBC News title sequences is Rend Shamma, a Senior  Motion Designer at BBC News.

www.linkedin.com 

Wow what an amazing career she’s had, you can see why she is senior, I can only imagine she was given a bad brief by the news channel management.
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, xlalonce

(24-10-2023, 08:54 AM)harshy Wrote:  I don’t suppose anyone watched the Washington bulletins to see if it was any different ? Is it safe to say there are no new graphics for the lower thirds?

Graphics are identical as before, complete with scrolling flipper. The only slight difference is that there's an increased use of new camera angles and video walls.
[Image: c83015fb2abb2cc4a97cb4fbc773f1d3.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like ALV's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy

(24-10-2023, 08:54 AM)harshy Wrote:  I don’t suppose anyone watched the Washington bulletins to see if it was any different ? Is it safe to say there are no new graphics for the lower thirds?

Yes, no new lower 3rds, and they even used older version of the titles (without BBC logo at the top animating).

The only difference seems to be in camera moving a bit more freely across the studio and some shots of the studio being slightly altered, as in WNA.
[-] The following 3 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, harshy

(24-10-2023, 09:22 AM)steve Wrote:  Well, that's the new Regional News titles template sorted!
The masking around the various landmarks and buildings would make it less flexible and customisable than the current regional titles, although agreed, it would look nice.

I do think though that the new WNA titles could be the basis for a much improved set of Breakfast titles, using various images of the UK at dawn, maybe ending on a shot of MediaCity, with the red graphics recoloured in orange and blue. But I guess we’re stuck with the crappy rotating blue disc for now.
[-] The following 11 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, DeMarkay, ilsondan15, Jayesyn, Superman1986, thePineapple, TJTSW, xlalonce