BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Surely nowadays masking is easier than ever though - you can click any photo on your iPhone to do it in quality just as good as those new WNA titles 😊
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • chrisherald

Wow Chicago made it into the new WNA open. Too bad the 3rd largest city in the country in country is deleted from all BBC weather maps and forecasts. But both Tallahasse and nearby Jacksonville FL make it in. But New Orleans is missing. Who comes with these things. LOL

www.bbc.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • chrisherald

(24-10-2023, 01:02 PM)steve Wrote:  Surely nowadays masking is easier than ever though - you can click any photo on your iPhone to do it in quality just as good as those new WNA titles 😊

I just think given some of the regions' track records on struggling to follow even the most basic graphic templates correctly, giving them responsibility for anything vaguely creative is a recipe for disaster.
[-] The following 8 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Jayesyn, Quantum+83, steve, Stockland Hillman, Stuart

They still can’t type what’s a chairmain? Can’t they quickly check their work before putting it into screen.

Tina Daheley 12 hour marathon.
BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Newsreader, BBC Radio 2 Lunchtime 12 - 2 and now BBC News at 6.
https://x.com/TinaDaheley/status/1716731114516054265?s=20
[-] The following 12 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, AndrewP, bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, Jeff, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell, Rolling News, thePineapple, UTVLifer

They do seem pretty short this week on network, with it half term and Clive & Reeta travelling to and from Jerusalem. Ben Brown did both the News at One and News at Ten from the studio yesterday.
[-] The following 6 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AIB01WB, AndrewP, bkman1990, interestednovice, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I’d much rather do the One, Six & Ten as a triple than what Tina Daheley is doing today!

It must be very tiring to still be doing a live broadcast at 6:30pm when you had to get up early enough to do a breakfast show!

Mind you, I remember from the CNN thread that John Berman presented AC360 from NY one evening and then New Day from Washington the next morning, if I recall correctly. Quite impressive!

Tim Wilcox also used to work all hours across BBC News back in the day.

Interesting that they’ve been advertising for news channel journalists recently. Possibly suggests the “benched presenters” process was holding up recruitment.

The BBC News app for international audiences got updated for me on Google Play this evening with the new layout and BBC Reith logo.

However there are some errors contained in the release.

The first one is the BBC News logo in Reith

It is only seen when you see it as an icon on the Google Play Store or when you open the app's home page on your phone. The old BBC News logo is seen on the Android home screen. The name of the updated app was also changed to BBC GNL. When you are in the app's home screen; the BBC Reith logo is only seen on light mode. Switching the app to dark mode will give you the old logo.

When you open the app settings. The BBC News Mundo logo in Reith appears at the bottom of the app.

The layout of the app is good. There is also less news stories contained in it overall especially when covering general news stories from England. I can however get a roundup of stories from Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales in the app which is fine. All of these stories from the other UK nations are contained in the Explore section of the app.

There is no also widgets contained in the BBC News app from BBC Studios Limited anymore.

They have dropped them like the recently updated BBC Sport app on Android.
[-] The following 4 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, RhysJR, thePineapple

(24-10-2023, 06:35 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  They do seem pretty short this week on network, with it half term and Clive & Reeta travelling to and from Jerusalem. Ben Brown did both the News at One and News at Ten from the studio yesterday.

They must be short of Fiona is doing more than her one bulletin a week as well

Fiona was on Catchphrase on Sunday by the way, if you didn’t see it, catch up on ITVX
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Rolling News