BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

(08-11-2023, 01:42 PM)Lec_Ver16 Wrote:  Can we bet that it will have also the generic BBC News theme slapped in too?

Pretty lazy everything.
I understand they don’t have the budget/justification to commission new music, but you’d at least think they could return to existing music available to them (e.g. past WN programmes, regional news, WNA etc.)

Unless by doing so they have to pay a license or royalties to David Lowe to keep using each theme, or to use it on ‘new’ programmes, in which case using a single theme for all programmes might be the cheapest option?
[-] The following 6 users Like House's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, GeekyJames, Spencer, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I saw in the Newsnight thread someone say that the limited UK operation of the news channel should be cut with the savings invested into saving Newsnight. I'd say that any savings from cutting the UK operation of the news channel should go back into the global channel to bring the presentation up to the standard that was trumpeted when World News moved into NBH in 2013.

A promotional video for the move to NBH was put in the Nostalgia thread recently, and it's sad seeing how far the global channel has fallen. The video boasted about presenters being able to roam freely around the studio, World having the availability of 3 different studios, and of course we had the stunning skyline backdrops, although now screens in C do need updating.
I'm still confused why the new channel doesn't go with a skyline backdrop when The Context gets a very obvious London backdrop (for no apparent reason) and Washington is allowed a nighttime Washington backdrop. A generic city skyline backdrop could easily be generated for C, but then there's nothing wrong with the previous daytime skyline backdrop used in C, after all, bulletins do start with "Live from London".

But then none of what this news channel is now should come as a surprise after years of cuts to the license fee and salami slicing of news operations, and the BBC having a DG who recently addressed the backbench 1922 committee of the Conservative party. It's no coincidence that the biggest changes to news operations have happened under his watch. I'm sure I read that the previous DG, Tony Hall, considered a merger of World and the NC but blocked it.
[-] The following 8 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • AndrewP, bax, bkman1990, chrisherald, harshy, Quantum+83, seenee, UTVLifer

Katty's tweeted a preview for her new series, which includes a look at the titles

x.com 
[-] The following 10 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AIB01WB, arbrax, bax, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(08-11-2023, 05:25 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Katty's tweeted a preview for her new series, which includes a look at the titles

x.com 

I'll get in before the inevitable hate comments, but I actually really quite like that. Far more dynamic than the other circle-based titles we've seen, and unique music which is always welcome.
[-] The following 9 users Like strollfan's post:
  • AndrewP, AverageOrangeTurnip, bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Quantum+83, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(08-11-2023, 05:51 PM)strollfan Wrote:  I'll get in before the inevitable hate comments, but I actually really quite like that. Far more dynamic than the other circle-based titles we've seen, and unique music which is always welcome.

It dosent say news at the bottom of the titles maybe it’s not a bbc news production hence the unique music maybe?
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • chrisherald

The programme logo at the beginning of the video is not the same as the one seen at the end. 

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

Initially, the INFLUENTIAL text is in Reith Sans Bold; by the end, it's switched to Reith Sans Medium -- and for no reason at all, the "with Katty Kay" text changes from Reith to Swiss/Helvetica (!?). The BBC logo has also drifted further down the screen. 

*long, obnoxiously loud sigh*

(08-11-2023, 05:51 PM)strollfan Wrote:  I'll get in before the inevitable hate comments, but I actually really quite like that. Far more dynamic than the other circle-based titles we've seen, and unique music which is always welcome.
I don't think most of us have much to "hate" on these titles. It still looks and sounds really pretty.
[-] The following 3 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83

Maybe it's a rough cut? Surely it will not be broadcast like that!
[-] The following 4 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Quantum+83, thePineapple

(08-11-2023, 06:57 PM)Former Member 237 Wrote:  Maybe it's a rough cut? Surely it will not be broadcast like that!
Of course it won’t – what with the current high standards of graphic design, attention to detail and everything.

(08-11-2023, 05:53 PM)harshy Wrote:  It dosent say news at the bottom of the titles maybe it’s not a bbc news production hence the unique music maybe?
I believe Katty’s new role is with BBC Studios, so it is probably technically a BBC Studios production for BBC News (supplied to BBC News, for broadcast on the NC, but produced by BBC Studios and fronted by a BBC Studios presenter).
[-] The following 5 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald, DeMarkay, Superman1986, thePineapple, UTVLifer