BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

I hadn't even realised until a couple of years ago there were different variations of the location tags between the 1/6/9/10/generic titles in 1999-2004. You certainly wouldn't get that level of detail nowadays. Like others have said, even just making the newsroom background or the studio lights in B a darker shade of blue on the later bulletins would make a difference. It comes to something when the only bulletin which feels any different from the rest is the late Saturday night one.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • arbrax, interestednovice, TJTSW

Personally I think the set in studio B looks fantastic. It reminds me a lot of Sky News from 2005/2006 which I still think, presentationally, is some of the best 'news channel' presentation we've ever had in the UK. I do agree the live newsroom view in studio E is something you can't match using a rendered visual on a screen though.

Having seen the set in studio B in real life quite recently, it really is impressive and a lot of thought definitely went into making a set that can be used for different styles of news programming. I will say when its lit in different colours it does send a shiver down one's spine.

I like Studio B it looks beautiful especially during LK just needs some warmer tones and some darker colours for the news at ten, it’s not too far off I think.
[-] The following 4 users Like harshy's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Deejay, James, thePineapple

(27-11-2023, 12:38 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  I hadn't even realised until a couple of years ago there were different variations of the location tags between the 1/6/9/10/generic titles in 1999-2004. You certainly wouldn't get that level of detail nowadays.
Not to the same level, but the UK and World-facing 2008 and 2013 titles included different place names in the 'cats cradle' (as shown here: pres.cafe ).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • Rolling News

(27-11-2023, 03:24 PM)harshy Wrote:  I like Studio B it looks beautiful especially during LK just needs some warmer tones and some darker colours for the news at ten, it’s not too far off I think.

Yes there is so much potential, LK and the election set up prove this, I'd personally ditch the fake newsroom backdrop at the seated desk area and opt for something more changeable depending on the time of day, perhaps a take on the globe animation or a city backdrop perhaps
[-] The following 3 users Like janewaysbun's post:
  • harshy, Quantum+83, Superman1986

I think one mistake BBC News tend to make is in having have a flat screen directly behind the presenter as a background - it means the depth isn’t there and it looks fake. I feel like they always try to make that one ‘point’ in whichever set they create.

Much better would be to have something slightly further away and blurred - and if it’s something flat, have it angled. A desk where the tower is, for example, would have a much nicer background to it.

Matthew out in the newsroom during Verified Live!

Aah nice that’s more like it :-)

Just watched on replay and can't help but notice the lights are on in Studio E with someone sitting at the desk? Seems weird if that studio is supposedly out of use today.

(28-11-2023, 07:00 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  Just watched on replay and can't help but notice the lights are on in Studio E with someone sitting at the desk? Seems weird if that studio is supposedly out of use today.

Given it’s not meant to be in use today isn’t it ‘not in use’ rather than ‘out of use’ which would suggest it couldn’t be used for some reason or other.
Studios that are not in use for live broadcasts could be being used for rehearsals either for technical reasons (to train new staff or to test some altered settings) or for major events (for example the kings death), being used for external filming (eg a film cameo), to prerecord something for future use ( for example a lot of the review 2023 stuff will probably be being recorded at the minute). It could also simply be a case of visitors to the BBC taking photos in there for social media or other uses.